Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mitsu:About 2 months ago I purchased a 8000k HID kit that came with everything........unfortunately the plug they gave me was a H4, Im not sure what mine is but they don't match up. I was wondering if it would be safe to splice off the connectors and just join them up. I didn't think it would be a big deal just wasn't sure any ideas?:mitsu:

·
pop the trunk.do it.do it
844 Posts
i wouldnt think there would be any kinda problem with that just a bummer you gotta hack up the harness. witch kit did you buy so i can steer clear lol jk

·
Now with 100% more meth
2,704 Posts
Are you talking the stock side harness on a 1g? Of coarse you need to hack that up, also our cars have switched ground headlights so make sure to wire it as such.

If your talking the new hid bulb side of the hid box for whatever reason just be very careful and make good splices and heatshrink properly, that is a lot of voltage and it will jump a long ways.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The kit came with everything the ballasts and necessary groundings, I just thought maybe there was a adapter going from there kit to my plug......now I guess I have to multimeter to find out what wire is what. Thanks for the replys

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
Are you talking the stock side harness on a 1g? Of coarse you need to hack that up, also our cars have switched ground headlights so make sure to wire it as such.

If your talking the new hid bulb side of the hid box for whatever reason just be very careful and make good splices and heatshrink properly, that is a lot of voltage and it will jump a long ways.
its for a 2g

·
Premium Member
4,048 Posts
oops wrong Firestorm! I was thinking you were someone else!!! Well then listen to Sublime!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts