Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Thinking about buying another vr4. I bought a new one back in 1993 but I sold it years ago. I miss these cars

17,337 Posts
Why do you say that?
The cars are still pretty cheap and its so easy to build a pump gas car these days. The formula is so established:

1)Evo or jester maf.
2)Chrome ECU
3)evo 560cc injectors
4)downpipe
5)Some 15G/DR650 class turbo
6)street clutch
7)60K and other maintenance, bearings if over 100K

You have a 450AWHP car that will run forever and tune like stock in an hour.

I wish I had stayed at that level because its just so set it and forget it on the tune. I think if someone was careful you could have a decent looking, stock driving, 450HP car for 10K. There are probably x,y,z options that are cheaper or better or whatever, but its still a great car for that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The cars are still pretty cheap and its so easy to build a pump gas car these days. The formula is so established:

1)Evo or jester maf.

2)Chrome ECU

3)evo 560cc injectors

4)downpipe

5)Some 15G/DR650 class turbo

6)street clutch

7)60K and other maintenance, bearings if over 100K

You have a 450AWHP car that will run forever and tune like stock in an hour.

I wish I had stayed at that level because its just so set it and forget it on the tune. I think if someone was careful you could have a decent looking, stock driving, 450HP car for 10K. There are probably x,y,z options that are cheaper or better or whatever, but its still a great car for that.

These cars can handle being daily driven at 450 whp?

I suppose in theory they can, but given the age of even the youngest of the 3s cars out there, I think it’s easier said than done.

Couple that with the fact that swapping the turbos is difficult and time consuming... as are most modifications to this platform.

That formula is much easier/cheaper/reliable on a DSM or Evo 8 or 9

Having built a 500whp Evo 8, I think I still prefer my 3s. It’s so cool and satisfying to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17,337 Posts
These cars can handle being daily driven at 450 whp?

I suppose in theory they can, but given the age of even the youngest of the 3s cars out there, I think it’s easier said than done.

Couple that with the fact that swapping the turbos is difficult and time consuming... as are most modifications to this platform.

That formula is much easier/cheaper/reliable on a DSM or Evo 8 or 9

Having built a 500whp Evo 8, I think I still prefer my 3s. It’s so cool and satisfying to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, that is a mild power level for them. I don't really find swapping turbos hard at all, in fact I find these engines really easy to work on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts