Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Keep on keeping on
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where to begin 🤔... let's just say I had a series of unfortunate events.

Got divorced, my pops passed away, mom passed away shortly after, lost my good job and was black balled from the financial industry till my "do not complete" contract was up. During which time my apartment was burglarized (I lost everything except a suitcase of clothes and my car), then my original GT transmission went out while crossing a railroad track with a train coming. Broke, homeless, and depressed for a while (thank goodness for family), I took some odd jobs outside my career but nothing stuck. One of my brothers reminded me of the story of Job and that helped. During my time between jobs I volunteered at a nonprofit to help my community (not court appointed). Ex-wife moved several hundred miles away and I was unable to see my little girl for a long time. Switched careers, found another GT that was in needed a little TLC. Worked and got back in school. (Still attending) Then I had my 2nd little girl with my GF. She stood by me throughout all of this or so I thought. Recently, I found out that while everything was going on she had and was cheating on me, several times with a few different people. We are currently trying to work it out for our kid's sake but she knows that she is on her last straw. Then Covid hit. We were sick for about 2 weeks, a little worse than the flu. Months later and feeling fine until one day when I wasn't. That day my 02 dropped to 40%, my blood pressure was crazy high 146/99, my heart rate was all over the place (standing up @ 120 bmp, laying down @ 50 bpm). I had several chest pains so went to the doctor. Now, much like the Eagles, I am taking it easy. I am replacing the clutch in the new GT but taking my time. I feel like I am getting a second chance, a redo and this time I will do better.

Sorry for "bending your ear" but you asked. The past 10+ years have been hard but I still keep on keeping on. Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Where to begin 🤔... let's just say I had a series of unfortunate events.
Then Covid hit. We were sick for about 2 weeks, a little worse than the flu. Months later and feeling fine until one day when I wasn't. That day my 02 dropped to 40%, my blood pressure was crazy high 146/99, my heart rate was all over the place (standing up @ 120 bmp, laying down @ 50 bpm). I had several chest pains so went to the doctor. Now, much like the Eagles, I am taking it easy. I am replacing the clutch in the new GT but taking my time. I feel like I am getting a second chance, a redo and this time I will do better.

Sorry for "bending your ear" but you asked. The past 10+ years have been hard but I still keep on keeping on. Thanks for asking!
I had a corona virus in '12 - much the same as you - I had that chest pain thing too, a seizure so severe it dislocated a shoulder and did nerve damage to my spine. After 3 months in isolation and dying twice, my retirement car came into focus. Retired at 62, living large and Stealthing everywhere. Kind of gives perspective to life as well as changing it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Damn, thats crazy. Life is just...crazy. More crazy than life is the mind. I know how it feels, Living shouldnt be as hard as it is. Just gotta remember that no feeling is permanent, and everything, even life, is temporary. Some times I need to remind myself why I am here, and actually engage with talking to other humans lol, doesnt sound like you have that issue though. Im too young to say life is short, but damn it is. Just gotta take it a day at a time and try to enjoy it, rather then just hope for the week to be over. No idea how many weeks are just gone for me.

·
Keep on keeping on
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ oldmaninsaline - it really does give you perspective. I am glad to hear that you still with us and sorry to hear about the seizer, spine injury and dislocated shoulder.

@ sandstone92vr4 - Do you speak of "Anatta?" I read once that "Change is the only permanent thing in life," I think it was when studying Hinduism and Buddhism world religion class.

While working on the car last night, I over work my self and feel horrible today. My headache/migraine came back (had one for 2 weeks a month ago but not since), I am exhausted (barely able to get out of bed), with minor joint and muscle pains. I'm not use to feeling like this. Today I am trying to shake it of. I know that I am almost half way done with getting the clutch out. I just have a few bolts left on the bell housing but when I get up and down, I almost black out. I am use to busting out a job in hours not days. While under the car I noticed that the ball joints, struts and driver side axel have to be replaced. It's funny that you go to replace one thing and find 50 other things wrong.

·
Registered
206 Posts
While working on the car last night, I over work my self and feel horrible today. My headache/migraine came back (had one for 2 weeks a month ago but not since), I am exhausted (barely able to get out of bed), with minor joint and muscle pains.
Hey kid, wait'll you're 60 and that's a GOOD day. I'm serious.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
You should ask your DR about imitrex / sumatriptan. I have migraines and headaches too, it helps lower blood pressure. That was such a good day when my DR gave me that stuff. If I work all day and sweat all day I get a migraine. I think its my body detoxing all the chemicals and GMO foods. It sounds to me like youve just got a lot on your plate, stress, pain, loss. All of this stuff can weigh you down and effect your body, especially give you headaches and migraines. What I can tell you that is and proven to help, stop drinking alcohol, stop drinking pop/soda, stop eating crap. Eat real food. Sure you can slip up every now and then, but just a diet change can help. Getting rid of alcohol (a depressant) and lowering caffeine (stimulant) can help a lot. Im the worst when it comes to taking care of myself, everything else comes first. But on the days I do me, and cook a nice 21.99/lb tenderloin steak with a salad and some fresh cooked vegetables, I feel better and I am calmer. its just something that is easy to do to help give you a more steady mood/energy through out the day. People forget that things like alcohol and caffeine are drugs, they are not bad drugs, but they do mess with your body. The rest of your stress and loss I cant help with, noone can. Only you can deal with that, you can try to get guidance to deal with it through therapy, but that can be sketchy and expensive.

@oldmaninsaline Some stuff sticks and some stuff doesnt. My beliefs are that people who have written these books found a way of thinking that "works" for them and keeps them at peace and understanding, and gives them a viewpoint that allows them to accept "life". That part is key, accepting life, accepting you, accepting whats in front of you. Also being able to manage stress. "compartmentalize" is a word I cant stand, but it works for some people, and I have no idea how. Theres a reason why there are so many books, because everyone has their own method and practice. These self help books to me even include the Bible. One author I found was Eckhart Tolle, but then I learned that dude was homeless for years, with nothing but time and his thoughts. Basically enough time to go crazy and find his way back lol.

·
Keep on keeping on
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I stopped smoking, drinking alcohol and cut my caffeine way down. A couple of sodas/pop/coke (cause I'm in the south) or a couple of coffees a week. I have been doing this for a long while now. Everyone says that I am doing great but to be honest, I don't feel great. I liked it better when I smoke, drank and ate what I wanted when I wanted. I never had a health problem till this Covid thing hit. I was never all that stressed until I found out what my GF was doing behind my back. My blood pressure was always average and most doctors could believed I smoked because my O2 was always 98%. With some light to moderate excercise I got my O2 back up and my blood pressure down. Every now and then my numbers get wonky but I just try not to stress about it. I think a lot of my problem is loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies. Well that's my best guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts