Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys.. My friend has a 1999 Acura Integra LS.. with a Drag 3 turbo kit and a hybrid 03/04 turbo... He always runs his mouth that he is gonna waste my VR4.. we would race but he is still waiting for his turbo to come back from turbonetics because he is getting the ball bearing in it. I drive a 1997 VR4.. with an intake on it.. thats it.. he thinks he is gonna wax me hard.. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
281 Posts
you

I dont know for sure because I dont know the specs on his shit he's getting put in there. But I would bet you would still beat his ass (assuming you get a decent launch). A VR4/TT is hard to beat when it gets a good launch. AWD is killer.

·
the fat and the furriest
288 Posts
no need to bench race this one, simply take him out and run him, fastest car will win, slowest car buys lunch....

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
hmm i don't know man. The integra LS's are slow as shit. But his turbo setup sounds pretty bad, but i still don't see him beating you in your 97 VR-4. Don't be afraid to race him, just let us know how it goes. Good luck ;)

V

·
0 Posts
make sure you run him from a STOP(My fave spot:D )
AWD will kill FWD easily in this situation.

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
I agree, just don't go from a roll and you should be alirght. His turbos do sound impressive though...

Mustang,

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Traction in a FWD car with that turbo set up is a BIG problem. First and second will be spinning like a muslim so race him from a stop and you should be okay.

·
Registered
173 Posts
how many PSI is he running??
i have a neighbor who has a integra gsr with a 18G and 18" C-5 rims on it. he's running 7-8 PSI and he told me that his 1/4 time was mid 13 sec.

just run him to see the result

i will definitely run him both from a stop and a roll, this is not about win or lose, it's fun

BTW, with average turboed Integra setting, don't see any point that he could wax you "HARD"

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I am pretty sure that from a stop he is all yours but from a roll it could be a different story. Considering he has FWD and you have AWD...you would be experienced more drivetrain loss on a roll than he would be. So that would make it close from a roll.

BTW: The Integra LS has the most amount of mods available for it compared to all the other HONDA's.....So they are soooo damn easy to mod up.

;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
i think i just splooged on my keyboard!
damn!

luigi:D

where did you get all the stuff for the conversion?
what kind of rims?
got anymore pics?
:p

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About my car

hehe... I like the way its turning out... Im putting the Bozz speed underspoiler, and waiting for the parts for the sides of the bumper to come in....

I live in Portland Oregon, I went to my local dealership.... but they arent that great with prices... but they Finalled matched "Sunrise Mitsubishi" That is the best place to get the parts from.. Ask for Edwin... Parts: (631)589-7601. Each time I call I get diffrent figures on price... there is a guy called ED, I think hes the manager.. he seems to jack the prices up a lot.. and then there`s "Edwin" hes hella cool.

My Specs....

1999 3000gt Front fascia 321.00
1999 Head lamps 410.00 x2
199 turn signals 52.00 x2
1999 VR4 Spolier 790.00
Rims ADR Kasai ADR-45 (HMC Silver) 18" x 9" 240.00 a/rim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts