Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
I feel the need for speed
751 Posts
On a 1G the engine would have to be missing to throw a code. You just need to be methodical and thorough when trouble shooting.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Man!! What a weird car. I got in it and attempted to start for the hell of it. And it frickin started and ran fine for about 5 seconds, then started to sputter, kicked Check Engine Light on, and stalled. WOOHOO!! I may have a code or 2! Used analog voltmeter, connected to 1 and 12 pins in OBD I, kicked out 2 long paused deflections and 2 short deflections, then 2 long and 3 short. So, I think I have a 22 and 23. Looks like a Crank Angle Sensor may be defective. Going to check all connections associated with it and try to start again. Then probably buy a Crank Angle Sensor. Thanks everyone for the help. I'll post the results

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently inherited (bought my siblings out) my fathers '92 Stealth TT. All stock 70k. He drove it less than 1000 miles in 24 years! He bought it with 69k. Anyway, changed oil, battery, plugs and wires and drove it from Ohio to NC a few months ago. It ran better and better the longer I drove it. Compliments the whole way down. Just a few days ago I went to start it and it coughed, choked, spit out a small belch of smoke and now it just turns over. I've read about the heat messing the ecu (and NC IS warmer than Ohio.) I attempted to do the multimeter scan with pin 1 and 12 of the obd 1 but the multimeter just cycles from 0 to approx 12 volts every second. No pauses so I cant read codes. Does this mean ecu is fried? I have my dad's other car so I actually have to sell this one so I can stay married! Need to fix it first! Any help is greatly appreciated
Gas tank cleaned?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well, I didn't actually drop the tank but I did pour some fuel treatment in and have only used 93 octane.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts