Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
~picture taker~
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? I moved into my first house yeah!........and i just got my internet going today!
My clutch is in as of yesterday......I go down to Mastercraft they said the old clutch rivits had actually dug into the fly wheel! yikes ...well they resurfaced it put a new throw out bearing in and put in the stage II RPS w\ red line fluid! They test it out......AMAZING, but when i get down there and start it up the clutch was all the way in and and it made a whinning sound coming from the clutch area under the hood not the pedal I guess?? Well the mechanics said it didn't do that when they tested it out but they want to keep it another day:( to figure out why the clutch makes that noise when its all the way down to the floor! They think it does it when its gets warm or hot cause when they started it up this morning when it was cold it didn't make a sound? They also think it may jsut be a defective throw out bearing?

I don't know.. but sure do miss that car:)

Any advice guys? thanx-

Melissa-

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Sounds like a bad throwout bearing. Did you tell them which clutch and everything you wanted?
At the place that replaced mine wouldn't use a clutch i wanted...they said it had to be the one they used :(
-Jeff

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
Bad Throw out bearing make noise but when you put the clutch pedal to the bottom. it will stop. that is in my case.

By the way Melis. I am from amarillo tx. or used to be. I went to West Texas A&M in Canyon for almost 2 years. I haven't been back since 94. It is cool to meet someone from that area.

Matthew

·
~picture taker~
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think you guys are right

Just called them. They said they tried everything, but unfortunatly they have to take it all apart again and there going to put in another throw out bearing (everything on the clutch is brand new) maybe they just had a defective one in there yesterday? Its supposed to be finished tomorrow afternoon!?

BTW-I ordered everything from Dynamic Racing (except the Redline fluid-got it somewhere else).... so I'm paying Mastercraft for just labor and the throw out bearing! The extra work they have to do now though will NOT cost me any extra money-

Thanx for the input guys-always helpful:)

Matt-you probably wouldn't recognize amarillo now-its grown really big over the past few years!

Melis-

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
MattRed3000GT said:
Bad Throw out bearing make noise but when you put the clutch pedal to the bottom. it will stop. that is in my case.
that was what happened with mine as well; it was more of a rattling noise than a whining sound though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts