Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George,

Well you must have jinxed me. I have had my ARC2/GP for about four months with no problems. After reading your post I have experienced the exact same problem twice in the last two weeks. After driving the car and then stopping for about 15-30 minutes, I get back in the car and start it up and it doesn't want to run. It is apparently starving for fuel. My A/F gauge is completely on the lean side even when revving it up to keep it running. I drive off and in less than 2 blocks it's back to normal.

Have you heard anything else from Brian about the problem. I really don't want to have to send it back to Split Second.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Don't blame it on your ARC2/GP
You sound like you are having the same problem as most of us. Read the post from....Lots of 3Ser's with the same starting problem, any answers?
I think you will find this interesting and we could all use the help figuring it out. I have tried cleaning and the battery trick but nothing seems to work. I have not replaced the AIC yet but I don't want to spend the $320 if I'm not sure that is the problem.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Sorry Dan, didnt mean to jinx you! hehe..

likr i said, this problem only occurs maybe once in a month or 2.. so it hasnt piss me off enough yet to take it back to Brian.. let me know what exactly is it doing.. when the problem hits.. the car has a hard time idling.. even with me hitting the gas.. the engine bogs like sh*t.. then the engine dies and i have to crank it a few times to get it fired up.. but the problem only lasts about 1 or 2 minutes..

and what do u mean it won't run?? the engine wont start?? or the engine bogging??

Paul,

Im not sure if this is the same problem with other owner's starting problem..

[This message has been edited by AmkreadGTO (edited January 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
George,

I think it's the same problem you are having. It only has done it a couple of times for me. Like you said it starts up but doesn't want to idle. You have to rev it up to keep it running, but after 1-2 minutes everything is fine again. According to my A/F gauge it is not getting fuel (Very lean) while this is happening. I'll send an email to Brian and see what he thinks. It almost seems like the ARC2 loses signal with the ECU for a minute or so. Maybe there's a bad connection on the wiring harness somewhere? You would think that it would happen more often though.

Paul,

I don't think we're talking about the same problem. I had the other problem last summer before I installed the ARC2 and the problem was the idle air control. Replaced it and everything was fine.

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
I don't know but is sounds identical. The only difference is your ARC2 tells you what is happening.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
George,

No problem, I'll forward the email I sent to Brian and send you the replies.

Dan

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Unfortunately, I experienced the same problem as well today besides of the other problem I have. It was not that a big problem and the car did not die but it was exactly what you described. I'm speaking with Eric about my more important problem but haven't heard anything back since last year

Now we have some warmer days here and the problem is not that big but if the problem can't be solved till February when I go skiing I throw the ARC out of the car for the stock MAS. Good I kept the FIPK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts