Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,864 Posts
See my previous posts in this discussion. After it warms up and I shift into neutral and come to a stop rpms drop below idle. Also, hesitation. ISC passed multimeter tests. Asked above if both brown and black isc were metal as I have a plastic black one installed new 5000 miles ago and was told that the heat can destroy them quicker.
Did you do the IAC test (resistance) after the car has been running a while?
Heat does strange things to bad electronics...

Bob.

·
Premium Member
5,830 Posts
did you also have hesitation during acceleration that was solved by this? or anything noticeable in the drive?

I haven't had time to work on the car/test anything yet, hoping within the next week here I'll make some time to at least try the TPS sensor swap.
My car didn't have any issues with a bad TPS sensor, it was out of spec, and caused a CEL. However, I had a friend with a 94 RT/TT that ran terrible with a bad TPS sensor. In order for him to drive home safely, I gave him my broken TPS sensor that triggered CEL, and it was a huge improvement over his.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
My car didn't have any issues with a bad TPS sensor, it was out of spec, and caused a CEL. However, I had a friend with a 94 RT/TT that ran terrible with a bad TPS sensor. In order for him to drive home safely, I gave him my broken TPS sensor that triggered CEL, and it was a huge improvement over his.
hm while strange, that is definitely encouraging to hear for mine.. lol thanks!

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,025 Posts
See my previous posts in this discussion. After it warms up and I shift into neutral and come to a stop rpms drop below idle. Also, hesitation. ISC passed multimeter tests. Asked above if both brown and black isc were metal as I have a plastic black one installed new 5000 miles ago and was told that the heat can destroy them quicker.
I just skimmed through this log. Not much i could infer really... Strangely, when the idle dips, the AFR goes either lean OR rich and not consistently one way or the other... Also, when the idle dips sometimes it looks like the NBO2s and the WBO2 are reading opposite, assuming fp/rp are the NBs and wbscaled is the WB.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts