Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Autozone and for $2.39 I bought the H3 55 watt bulb. I came home and with a 10mm socket on a 1/4 inch ratchet, removed the black plastic splash guard (about 10 screws), you don't have to take it all the way off but it was easier and I didn't want to kink it. With 2 6" extensions, I removed the 3 10mm bolts holding the fog light assembly to the car (I have a 92 SL). One was kindof hard to get to but still easy. I unplugged the plug connector and took the foglight assembly in the house. (Its 10 degrees here is SLC today!) With the assembly on the counter and the temperature a toasty 72 degrees in the house, I could now concentrate! I removed the round black cover, unsnapped the little wire clip and removed the bulb. (No way can you do this on the car!) The wire is indeed a bullet connector, and the new bulb came with a spade. Instead of cutting the wire in the foglight, I replaced the spade on the new light with a red bullet. Reassembled in reverse order and WALLA! Thanks for your help on this one guys. First timer did it in about 20 minutes and was easy! Sorry about the long post but I hope this will help those that haven't done it!

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
I replaced my passenger side bulb with foglight still in car and without removing underpinning (just access panel).Took me less than 10 minutes, but then again it's been in the 70's in Charlotte, NC and a little easier to concentrate- hehehe
Don't miss the cold one bit.
Glad you got it.
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts