Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
330 Posts
Any confirmation?

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
Only what I read on Corvetteforum the other day.. Same as Mike....

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
damn.

34G?

If this is true, that's just WRONG.

I hope we hear more about this in the near future, truth or fiction... Hennessey is part of the Corvette Legacy in my opinion.

Him and Lingenfelter did ALOT for Vette mods... I always wanted a Lingenfelter as a kid... well, I still do. :p

Elton

·
Registered
689 Posts
I was forwarned about this situation about 4 weeks after the order was placed by someone who used to travel in the same circles as John H and he predicted he will NEVER receive the full order and that HMS was Chapter 11, his wife's Range Rover was just repo'ed, he got booted out of his warehouse/shop for non-payment of rent, his machine shop vendor just put his account out to a collection agency and his mechanics were looking for work in the area ...

That sounds familiar. Been there - done that - wrote about it -web page warning etc ....

No one can ever say I haven't provided warning to my fellow 3S owners ....

And I also pre-warned/predicted about the same thing that this post refers to - and in fact *did happen.*:

I wish I had a little more confidence in the Legal System to take care of this problem, but he will go bankrupt, stiff every creditor and customer, start a new corp. with a similar but different name and try to get back on top. Leaving nothing but pissed off people and unpaid judgements in his wake.
I can TOTALLY relate.

·
Registered
727 Posts
So wait let me get this straight...

Hennessey is going out of buisness and instead of dealing with it and fixing the problem or at least making it right before it goes to shit hes just gonna fuck everyone over and go about his merry way? Goooo JOHN! loser

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Pony Killer said:
And he's making a pathetic attempt to get money out of anyone who has something bad to say about him... too bad there's no such thing as slanderous writings, moron. :rolleyes:
I think some tabloids are called slanderous writings ... however ... if statements that are printer prove to be untrue and false ... they become slanderous writings since it is attacking the reputation and integrity of a person, place, or corporation.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I guess many of you don't remember when John Hennessey was working with our cars. He did for about two-three years; he was about the only game in town during the early years. However, as soon as John thought he could make money, make that more money, on Viper owner he dropped us like a hot potato. He even used to put out a quarterly newsletter; I still have a few somewhere floating around my house. As a matter of fact I sent him a renewal for my next year newsletter and he kept the money and I never got any newsletter. When I called I spoke to another guy named John who apparently ran the shop and he kept saying they were working on it and I'd get one soon, never did.

But then I heard John had said some not very nice things about our cars and now the Viper was the ticket for him. Funny thing was I don't recall any road test that was performed using one of Hennesseys Vipers that the car did either break or wasn't running right by the end of the test.

So now John Hennessey got his and there are more 3Si shops around now then there was back then, so I wonder if John really made the right choice? Doesn't look like all those Viper owners kept him in business does it now. Well he's gone and were still here, buying more parts than ever and keeping more shops alive. But then again we do, for the most part support our own, too bad he didn’t support us. Bottom-line no great loss for us, only looks like I am not going to get any more quarterly newsletters for sure, now.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Oh, that's Ok he only ripped me off for like $15 for the yearly newsletter subscription. So it good to see he's getting what he deserves. Again no loss for us, he wrote us off a long time ago.

Thanks anyway,

Dave Best

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
StealthTT said:

That sounds familiar. Been there - done that - wrote about it -web page warning etc ....

No one can ever say I haven't provided warning to my fellow 3S owners ....

And I also pre-warned/predicted about the same thing that this post refers to - and in fact *did happen.*:

I can TOTALLY relate.
are you talking about Brian/GTPro ?

·
Registered
856 Posts
hah, they are talking about "jail time for john henessey"

this quote is too good:
need-for-speed: If J.H. gets jail time maybe he'll learn a new meaning for the term "bored and stroked"

.jon

·
Registered
856 Posts
JEEPers said:

I think some tabloids are called slanderous writings ... however ... if statements that are printer prove to be untrue and false ... they become slanderous writings since it is attacking the reputation and integrity of a person, place, or corporation.
Slander is verbal... libel is written.

Anyways... a *smart* businessman would not have posted something like that threatening a lawsuit he has little or no grounds for. I guess JH doesn't care about his reputation AT ALL.

·
Registered
689 Posts
are you talking about Brian/GTPro ?

What is now happening with cusotmer's of Hennessey, the reactions of others, the actions of the vendor and scams to get the customer's money never to be heard from again, promises to repay/pay restitution, creditors closing vendor's account, the attempted coverup etc etc are nearly exactly the same.

Exchange my name for the Vette owner named NoMercy and that's basically what happened to me ....

I also attempted to settle for partial repayment - but only 1/3 [in parts at *retail* price] instead of 1/2 cash repayment like NoMercy did. It was also agreed to - just like Hennessey did.

It was posted here on this owner's site etc etc

I also had the same final result as NoMercy did - unfortunately ....... [AKA ripped off and screwed over]

I'm STILL paying for it - CC company sends me a bill once a month - just like they have since the nightmare started.

I also had to send someone to pick up my property, nothing whatsoever had been done on the job even though I was told otherwise for months - just like NoMercy ....

Then I had to turn around and pay a reputable company to rebuild my motor and pay them thousands of dollars to get the job done. Just like Nightmare the Vette owner has had to do ......

If you read Nightmare's (and others) description then you basically know what happen to me.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dave Best said:
I guess many of you don't remember when John Hennessey was working with our cars.
As stated in my sig... I have a Hennessey spec VR4. I have the old VR200 sheets and price listings and all that stuff. (445 bhp @ 6500 RPMs, 390 lb-ft torque @3800 0-60 in 4.6, 0-100 in 10.5, 1/4 in 12.9, tops speed 183 @6100rpm in case anyone cares.. all for just under $11k in parts).

Well I must say that the Hennessey VR200 upgrades stink pretty bad, but all things considered, there was no aftermarket support... it was done originally on a 1992 car afterall. I think as you said, that JH gave up on the 3/s once he realized that not only were other people doing better work for less, but there was much more money in other cars.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
I don't know much about the guy personally, but...

I think he went for the Viper because it was a Supercar to begin with. High price tag with or without his treatment, not to mention the flagship for Dodge, and all that displacement to play with.

Then again I don't know a lot about his history or anything, but I just thought I'd throw my thoughts in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts