Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Hans,
You forgot to white-out his license plates. Aside from that, it is one really wicked ride.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
proud to say that Hendrick let me drive that beast when he came here (FL) on vacation.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
A similar mods list to my car when it is done.

But until now, I just don't know why the car is only making 330hp as written on the cover and also nobody was able to explain the alcohol injection. Hey this car has 720cc and there is zero need for alcohol. Well seems to be a gimmick (like the neon stuff). Or what is this alcohol doing ???

Also spending a great amount of money into the mods and running the car with cheap Stillen brakes is something like getting 20" wheels on the car with 165 tires. Man, get good brakes for that car or it will not stop from a great run !

L

·
0 Posts
Roger:>

With alcohol system I don't have knock at above 16.5psi. Without the alcohol system on the "ping" starts dude. I can even hear it!! And for your information the neon stuff makes my car looks cool and I can hook up many ladies with it, even wif my wife in the car! (Got into trouble for that)

A question for you, Roger, is that can you run at 22psi daily with 91 octane gas??? I have several witnesses like Fastmatt, Dandr1, Matt92vr4, Fastboy and some others which are not on the list. Roger, if you don't know how alcohol system runs maybe you should fly over to NY and I'll show you. Also show you a all-wheel burn out all the way from first thru 2nd.

Oh..and if you want to give me a set of bigger brakes I'm willing to accept it dude. Hahaa...

[This message has been edited by Lord_dvd (edited January 05, 2000).]

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Pick up the February issue of Turbo & High Tech Perf. magazine. Look at how much boost the Supras can make 30 PSI!!! on race gas and like 22 PSI on high octane pump. How the heck can that be done on an internally stock motor? The only thing one guy did was basically get bigger turbos and exhaust and the whole HKS deal vpc gcc etc. All the slightly modded Supras are at like 550 h.p. at the wheels! No water injection or alcohol just turbos fuel and intercoolers. If you can run 22 PSI with alcohol, Hendricks, thats pretty cool and is probably the easiest way on our motors to up the pressure. I just want to know what it is doing besides raising the octane? Essentially you are able to run your race settings on the street, but where do you fill up on alcohol?

Sounds really good man and the car looks great!! Gotta see you you make some runs at Englishtown this year. Tell me when and I'll be there.

Sam 95 VR4

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Roger & Hendrick,
the only thing to settle this is to actually get this on tape. I would be happy to get this on tape if Hendrick will provide some free time for us to meet. Since he lives in NJ, it makes it all better. The onyl catch is that the TV standard in the States is different from Europe so you would have to make arrangements to see it in NTSC standard. Let me know if you want to do this. I got at least a week or so of break before classes start for me.

-Frank-

L

·
0 Posts
Sure deal. I'll meet up with u guys anytime
And alcohol that I use can be purchased at any pharmacy. It's 91% rubbing alcohol or I can use methanol which I can from my friend's place, Kaztech Motorsports.

F

·
0 Posts
Roger the alcohol is being used as an anti-knock system.... if you do not think it works talk to the 100's of GN owners that run 10's (with over 30 psi of boost) on pump gas with just a little alcohol being injected
or the alcohol drag cars that run 15 to 1 motors with 25 or more PSI of non intercooled boost

you can try it out if you like... fill your water kit up with alcohol turn you boost up and see how it works!

I am telling you IT WORKS WAY WAY BETTER THAN WATER!!
try it you will like it

Methanol makes 7-10% more horse power, as per the American Methanol Institute Research Center. These kits can run with either 91% alcohol from a drug store, or VP fuels brand racing methanol. They will allow you to run more boost on pump gas by raising octane, and also cooling down combustion chamber temperature. At the same time it also cleans the combustion chamber to reduce carbon buildup which can cause detonation

Matt www.dynamicracing1.com

[This message has been edited by FastMatt (edited January 05, 2000).]

F

·
0 Posts
"Cheep Stillen brakes " boggle?
man thy are good brakes! mine have been on my car for over 2 yrs and 100's of stops at the track & many menny stops from 160mph+ back to 55mph wen my valentine 1 goes off
we have also sold ALOT of there brakes with not even 1 complaint.... also you may know stillen uses Brembo blanks for there rotors then thy drill them, are you saying that Brembo brakes are not any good?
What did stillen do to you to make you mad?

Matt Monett www.dynamicracing1.com

·
145 Posts
Am I the only one who can't view the pictures on Hendrick's page. No matter what I do, I get a whole bunch of empty boxes with no pic's.
Ryan T.

L

·
0 Posts
Finally the man speaks

Just met up with Jeepers and gave him a ride

[This message has been edited by Lord_dvd (edited January 05, 2000).]

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Sorry to chime in so late guys. My computer crashed a few minutes ago just before I logged on. Stupid freaking Win98....
Anyhow, I have to say that Hendrick has a wickedly fast car. His alcohol system is A-1 and not one bit of knock while using the alcohol. And yes it is real ethyl alcohol that he uses. The car is running really good and he has loads of gadgets in his car that help to monitor feul-to-air mixture (lean-to-rich) and some others that you'll find on his mod page.
As of right now, a video will be made to further prove that his setup works. I met up with Hendrick kinda late and on short notice but hopefully we will be having a mini-gathering during this weekend for some of the North Jersey folks where we can get more witnesses to further give their testimonies about the alcohol setup.

Re: Stillen brakes/rotors
I am not certain regarding the validity of statements regarding Stillen rotors but most of the stops that Hendrick did tonite proves that they do do their job of stopping when needed. As Roger is Europe and has the luxury of the Autobahn, he is able to further test the limits of the Stillens better than most of us in the States.
I think Stillen rotors are good to use on-road and track use is a big question mark as a majority do have trouble with them. however, Stillen might have just gotten a batch of rotors made with an inferior grade of metal products. YMMV on this issue and I still am holding judgement on them.

-Frank-
On adrenaline rush from riding in Hendrick's car

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I am jealous-how come everybody gets a ride in Hendricks car but me?-and I live right in his backyard-well kinda on a global scale! Hendricks, I know I only met you once briefly, but please show me what 22 PSI feels like in one of these babies. I have been researching forced induction technology for awhile since I got my car and my friend is an automotive engineer. He kept telling me that Mitsu makes crappy engines and how important combustion chamber shape and material etc. is important, but he could not come up with a good solution. I did not want to run water or other types of injection, but if thats what it takes to jog by those C5s, then thats the way it should be done.
Hendricks, does your alcohol come on by itself when it hears knock, or at a preset boost, or both? Is this a custom system or is it a water injection type unit with just alcohol added? Where is your jet plumbed in-intake Y-pipe? Are your runs datalogged from D.R. to show no knock? -I ask cause you can not always feel and rarely hear knock over a WOT run. What is the expected longevity of this engine while running this combo?
Again, please take me for a ride- I want to see four wheels burn at 20 for myself.
How does it handle when it does that? Is it controllable or does the car head for which ever side the open front diff transfers (right?)??

Sam Shelat

L

·
0 Posts
Sure thing. We can meet up and you can have a look at it, feel and see it for yourself.
It works. I'll leave the details till we meet.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
hey guys I am back!!! sorry my work computer was inactive for a while! well, yeah! I had a ride on hendrick's car and the beast ROCKS we pumped 1.24 barr (almost 18psi)and we didn't hear the knock!!!! or feel it! So his car is running great! Besides back at the dealership in NM he used the scan tool to monitor knock and there wasn't any at neither 18 nor 24psi. I am getting this installed very soon...heheheeh. this is my xmas gift to myself
anybody want to share my experience in hendricks car feel free to call me work at 212-454-3321 or post your # here and I will call you! Roger I'd be glad to go over with you what the alcohol does if FastMatt's comment puzzled you...but I think it was self explanatory...I understand that you believe in water injection cuz it was used in the formula cars when turbos were still legal...but alcohol has been used here in America for a very long time by dragsters such as funny car, etc. ok take care everybody!

[This message has been edited by fastboy (edited January 06, 2000).]

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Sam,
Brian and a bunch of Bergen County 3SI folks are gonna meet up either at Hooters in Paramus for lunch this Sat. Probably gonna be at Van Saun Park to get the 4 wheel burnout on video first. We plan to use both inside the car and outside the car shots to post as a downloadable file. BTW, Hendrick is easy to reach and up for most anything. We met up last nite at Yaohan Plaza right next to the Hess refinery and the new driving range in Edgewater. Let me know if you want to hold more of these mini-mini gatherings.

·
Registered
334 Posts
sorry I changed my post and started a new topic... "Using 91% rubbing alcohol to prevent knock.."

Mario

[This message has been edited by VR-4 Tissimo (edited January 06, 2000).]

B

·
0 Posts
This ROCKS!!! Tell us more about the alcohol injection!

Why isn't this mod considered more of a mainstream thing for our cars? Is this a prototype?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts