Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You need to do this anyways. Like i said, run some fresh oil briefly - maybe 1-2 heat cycles after you confirm oil pressure - then drain and fill with fresh oil again to make sure you got our all the old milky stuff. Use cheap oil for this first 'flush' if you need to.
Will do! Thank you going to check for oil pressure in a few hours then I’ll give y’all an update whether she needs a rebuild or not, because if it doesn’t have oil pressure then it has to be the engine right? Probably a spun bearing like someone mentioned

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,090 Posts
Will do! Thank you going to check for oil pressure in a few hours then I’ll give y’all an update whether she needs a rebuild or not, because if it doesn’t have oil pressure then it has to be the engine right? Probably a spun bearing like someone mentioned
It's very possible to still have some oil pressure even if you spun a bearing... If you have ZERO oil pressure (like its not pumping at all), that suggests a different issue like oil pump, oil pickup, etc. Part of me doubts you have zero oil pressure because the engine would have sounded absolutely awful shortly after startup when you were running it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
okay thank you for the help I appreciate it! I’ll keep this post updated after I check the pressure and get some new oil in there

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Update!! So I tested the oil pressure and it was reading around 60 psi first start up and when it got to temperature it was at a steady 40. But right when it got to temperature my front turbo started smoking a bit, right when I saw it I turned the car off and it continued to smoke for about 2 minutes

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I guess I didn’t take out all the oil because it still looks like some of the old oil is in there, I just changed the oil prior to the test it was also leaking some coolant(Water for now) from under the car

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,090 Posts
That oil pressure is healthy (not sure what weight oil you are using though), so that's a good sign. Did you leak/spill oil on the turbo or what was the source of the smoke?

If you were leaking coolant, i would figure out where from, and make sure its not related to the milky oil...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Is this normal? This is between my turbo and engine idk why there is 4 plates in between the two, that kind of scares me lol, if tightening down the valve cover didn’t work then This could be the issue because I saw no oil leaking from the bottom of the turbo and my oil cap is fine

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,090 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture but isnt that just the exhaust manifold gasket?

Edit: if you had an exhaust leak you would probably hear it and see evidence (black marks)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
No exhaust leak or smoke from the back and yea that is my gasket but why 5 of them lol. Im still trying to find out where that clunck noise was coming from before I drained the old oil out but I haven’t heard it yet, since I put in the new oil, also only seems to clunck when I rev it up to like 3k rpm and have yet to figure out what it is, I’m going to run it tonight a little and get her up to temperature do a couple revs a hope for the best to not hear that clunck or for the car to overheat, ps I have tap water in the radiator for now until I figure out if i have a blown head gasket, or should I put in actual coolant so it doesn’t overheat? Let me know please and thank you

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
No exhaust leak or smoke from the back and yea that is my gasket but why 5 of them lol. Im still trying to find out where that clunck noise was coming from before I drained the old oil out but I haven’t heard it yet, since I put in the new oil, also only seems to clunck when I rev it up to like 3k rpm and have yet to figure out what it is, I’m going to run it tonight a little and get her up to temperature do a couple revs a hope for the best to not hear that clunck or for the car to overheat, ps I have tap water in the radiator for now until I figure out if i have a blown head gasket, or should I put in actual coolant so it doesn’t overheat? Let me know please and thank you
In general water is as good as coolant in terms of cooling. Coolant has a lower freeze point and a few lubrication additives. The clunk may be an engine mount. Would help if you took a video with sound and posted it for us. Most of us know our engine sounds very well. You can get a loaner block test kit at an auto parts store. If the blue liquid turns yellow it means that it has exhaust in your coolant, which is one type of head gasket failure. Also, I would carefully watch the level of oil in your car. Since your oil was milky you could be leaking coolant into your oil. If your oil level increases on the stick, you have water leaking into the oil.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Also, with the exhaust gasket, there are some that look like 5 pieces of sheet metal riveted at the ends. When you by it you don't notice it because it's brand new and nice and flat. Over time, with the hot to cold temp the metal expands and contracts where it's not pushed together, and the edges push a part a bit. That in of itself, it's anything to worry about.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I dont know how to post a video on here or else I would have already 😅 and yes that club I could most definitely be the engine mount, did I forget to mention my from engine mount has two nuts missing, so the engine isn’t fully secure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Also, with the exhaust gasket, there are some that look like 5 pieces of sheet metal riveted at the ends. When you by it you don't notice it because it's brand new and nice and flat. Over time, with the hot to cold temp the metal expands and contracts where it's not pushed together, and the edges push a part a bit. That in of itself, it's anything to worry about.
Ahhh okay thank yuh for letting me know I was a bit confused at first

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Just check the oil in the dipstick and th color didn’t change nor did the level raise so that’s good! But here is my front motor mount, there is a blot directly under that one that isn’t in place either they are both missing nuts. How should I go about getting those on? The car was like this when I first got it btw

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
So today I plan on doing one more flush with distilled water, then I’m going to actually add some coolant so the car doesn’t overheat that may be where I was having my turbo smoking too because aren’t the turbos als water cooled?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I’m now hearing a new noise in the engine, I wish I knew how to post videos. The noise sounds like something is loose in the engine and is rattling around hitting things
But this is a new noise so I’m a bit confused because I didn’t mess with anything really only some coolant lines

·
Registered
408 Posts
Can you upload to a google drive or dropbox and share the link?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I just posted the video on YouTube, but yea please let me know if y’all know what this could be! It’s wasn’t doing this before!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I originally thought it was coming from the alternator pulley or alternator because it started the last time I started before the video. Then when I start it again the pulley doesn’t smoke but I know hear that noise, I tried to see if there was something stuck in my belts but I couldn’t find anything, it Almost sounds like it’s in the engine 😳😳

41 - 60 of 99 Posts