Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned an important lesson this week. No matter how good of friends you are with someone, NEVER let them drive your 3S! I just bought mine a month ago and he's been begging me to let him drive it since, so I let him drive it to Blockbuster. As soon as we get to the stop light by the highway and it turns green, he wails on it!!!!!!!!!!! I've known him for years and we're roommates and I never expected that! So he's shifting into fourth hard and he MISSES and goes toward reverse! Soonaftter follows the grind of the syncro blocking ring and I yell at him to slow down. After that, at the next light, he DROPS THE CLUTCH into first from 5,000!!!!!!!!!!! Blockbuster is a block away and I tell him I'm driving back, so then when I put it in reverse to back out, it goes in and then nothing. It's like it's in neutral! It goes forward fine, but it won't go backwards at all!!!!! I could cry. I've wanted a 3000GT since I was 14 and now I have one and I can't drive it! Anyways, I had a slight syncro problem in 3rd (It would grind sometimes at high rpm) and I was gonna have the tranny rebuilt in like a year, but now I have to do it soon. I have another car to drive. So I think it's more worth my while to do a tranny swap. Has anyone ever done one of these? Is it really hard? Is there a member in Colo who could help me? I was also gonna do an aluminum flywheel, performance clutch, and short-shifter so I guess I have to do those when I swap tranny's. Please help with any info you can. A piece of me dies everytime I think of the fact that my dream car has a limp! P.S. Maybe I should change my username to VRun4tunate 1 Maybe I was asking for it. :( :( My E-mail

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your problem..... Your friend was a jerk for doing that, and if he's a decent person he should pay for your repairs man.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Some friend

Thus is why when it comes to my car - the only people who have driven it other than myself is other 3si owners. I have let a few people from this board drive it...no others.

Oh....and I would hand the keys to most of you if you needed a ride - I trust yall's - its the rest of the world I hate :D

·
2,248 Posts
Re: Some friend

Record9ti said:
Oh....and I would hand the keys to most of you if you needed a ride - I trust yall's - its the rest of the world I hate :D
Amen... my sentiments exactly.

I did let a girl drive it one time because I wanted her... and she drove it like a granny. :D That's it, though, never again and noone else. Ever. At all. Never.

VR4tunate1- Welcome to the board. Does your roommate have some kind of insurance? Have you talked to him about the repairs?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He doesn't have money ever and he insists he shouldn't pay for the whole thing because it started to have a 3rd gear problem.

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
VR4tunate1, damn man, sorry to hear about that! Your supposed "friend" should definetely at least be chipping in on repairs. Even though I don't know him, this one instance that you make of him makes me think he is a complete ass if he doesn't pay a fair share in the repairs.

Only person, other than me that has driven my car is my best friend. Why you ask? Welp, because without him, I would not have the car. He has amazing credit and I have the world's worst credit (something like 37 negative accounts to 6 positive accounts on my credit reports). Even with him co-signing my loan, I only got approved for 2 auto loans and the one I used had a HORRID interest rate. But none the less, I am more than grateful. And of course he knows how to treat a car without destroying it :D

·
Fuddle-mental apparatus
1,067 Posts
Ryououki said:
VR4tunate1, damn man, sorry to hear about that! Your supposed "friend" should definetely at least be chipping in on repairs. Even though I don't know him, this one instance that you make of him makes me think he is a complete ass if he doesn't pay a fair share in the repairs.

Amen.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I agree that my friend should be chipping in, but he hardly has any money to himself ever, let alone for a tranny, I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get much out of him, even though he finally agreed to pay part of it. Anyways, I wrote kormex for a quote and have gotten nada, should I wait a few days or should I write them again?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
it sound like you have a broken reverse gear it can be fixed while the trans is in the vehicle . I have been trying to get rid of a bug in my outlookexpress and might have deleted your e-mail please send it again . BTW I dont have reverse gears for the 5spd at this time ,sorry .

Frank Martin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts