Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Help with smoke!!!

203 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  91vr4n00maxima 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I just got my first VR-4 this year. An upgrade from a 1993 300zx (Non-Turbo). The only thing I liked better about the 300 is the amount of smoke I could break from the tires. Since my engine is being rebuilt as we speak I want to keep this car for a very very long time. I take good care of my cars and don't abuse them. I was wondering if there is any way to smoke up the tires on the VR-4. I have had a few ways in mind but am afraid to screw up the beast again. Those of you that like to make some smoke please let me know how you do it with the AWD system.

#3 ·
I get smoke by going about 70mph in 2nd (in the power band, lots of boost) and then turning really hard. Powersliding will get you some smoke:D A worn asphalt lot or worn cement lot should do you fine.

#6 ·
zparker440 said:
Like I said I want to keep my car for awhile
Like I said, just find an open lot where there's nothing to slide into. The only thing you'll lose is hella tread wear :)

#7 ·
Put on really skinny tires and get some bleach :)

Seriously, why would you want to spin tires on an AWD car? I can do it out of first gear, but I have to turn the steering wheel while slipping the clutch at 4k. The rear spins and then the front pulls it out of the hole.

Sam

#8 ·
Sometimes just reving the engine istn't enough around here. With my 300z I always got a few extra races by breaking them babies loose. It's hard enough to find people that want to mess with a VR-4.

#9 ·
If you really wanna break them loose, get some slippery tires and a stronger clutch. My stock clutch cannot handle peeling out.

For getting races, get a BOV and blow off right next to the car you wanna race, and get an intake so your turbos are more pronounced. That'll get the attention of most gear heads. A test pipe should do ya too. The agressive sound will turn heads.

#10 ·
my stock 65000 mile clutch will smoke out a full 2 lane road dumping the clutch at 7 grand. i know this because i already need a new tranny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.