Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OKC 3SI
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new alarm (crimestopper informer) put in and wanted to install an led scanner but can not find the alarm accessory output or ground output if anyone can help there are just two many wires down there and i don't have any idea on which one it is. any help is appreiceated.

·
Hulk
931 Posts
ok i have my led scanner where my cruise button is. there are 3 wires on the scanner. red yellow and black. you can almost bet black is a ground so do just that. on my viper alarm there were two wires blue and red. red i hooked up to my red wire, and blue to my yellow. but electrical tape around it and all done! if you have anymore questions just ask.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
If you alarm has an existing LED or light just follow those wires back to the brain of the alarm. I didn't even follow mine, I just saw on the back of my stock LED that the wires were red and blue, and found the only red and blue output wires on the brain.

·
Registered
265 Posts
LED

Good luck with the LED. I don't have an alarm so I don't know. I just put a new muffler with a light display on it. I have a GTO and all the wiring instructions are in Japanese. It took me an hour to find the brake connections and was a trial and error thing. I finally found the right combo though. It looks pretty good. Not as ricey as I thought. Comes on only with the brakes. :ak47:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts