Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1995 VR-4
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the sony XSHF600H component 6.5's. my problem are the tweets. they are way to high, all i can hear from the tweeters are the symbol-ish sound that accompanies the beat (listen to alot of techno), and my lows and vocals are coming from my woofer. the problem is the vocals in the front sound drowned out because the woofer is trying to output vocals and the tweeter is only doing really high freqs. the rears are sony 6*9 XSHD690G, and those are 3 ways. the vocals are high and clear on those, so they overpower the fronts and all vocals seem to come from the rear.
the components have a separate cross over, each crossover has a jumper that allows you to select the tweeter output level according to system requirements and personal preference. The jumpers may be set to "-6dB" or "0dB". i've tried changing that setting but that just makes it so that the tweets barely out put sound. other than that, theres no way for me to play with the tweeters. any suggestions? is it a setting in my amp? it's the sony XS1805GX (5 channel), or head unit (sony CDXCA760X)?

·
1995 VR-4
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe

i know sony doesn't make the greatest car stero stuff, but i work for them and i get their stuff for little to nothing, so i figured why not get a "high-end" sony system dirt cheap. but anyways, someone help!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.