Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i got a 91 dodge stealth, just rebuilt engine and tranny

I was driving today and shifted to 2nd gear when i got to 4500 rpm's it would jump down to 4000 rpm's then back to 4500, and kept doing this over and over even when i had it floored...wtf??!?!

Can some please help me?!? I dont got a clue :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has brand new fuel filter, only thing that aint new on the engine the tensioner pulley...but i dont think that would do it....or would it? ill check the mas harness. Thanks for input

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had a thought not sure if it could be why...i put 5 dollars in regular gas in it yesterday in it instead of premium...could that be why?

its also bored over 50 so it might need premium to run good...aint nocking though

·
Registered
26 Posts
if this is not your rimary mode of transportation then you might want to pull your ECM module out and sent it to AVPRO. You can find out about themat their web site. I had much the same problems except my car eventyally would die. They will repair the ECM and get it back to you in about 3 days if it is not bad all you pay is postage. Its a hell of alot cheaper than buying a new ECM.
GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
26 Posts
the ECM is mounted vertically behind the radio. remove the 2 side panels for the center console and is right behind the radio has three electrical connectors. if you go to the web page
(Stealth 316) you can go to their garage section and they have a ton of maintenance stuff. alot of pictures. you can also order the maintenance manuals on CD ROM there too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts