Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the story. My new engine has around 2500 miles on it and the car/tranny has 90,000 miles on it. It's an auto... Yesterday I noticed that it wasnt switching gears, second wouldnt catch and everytime their would be a jerk and then it would catch. Even when i selected each gear with the auto, it still had a really hard time switching.

Anywayz, new tranny...what are the pros and cons of switching over to manual...price wise and whateevr u can think of...thanks a lot

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Sorry

NO Idea about that... BUT:

Whatever you do don't trust Aamco Transmissions, ever!, nor the Mitsu dealerships... they'll all do anything to fuck you over. Find a reputable local sports-car only garage! Good luck.

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
good kill:p

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Nappy TT said:
good kill:p
LOL. :D

But nonetheless man....get the 5-speed it will improve your gas milage, lighten your car overall, have more room for mods in your engine bay, more modifications available, quicker, more fun to drive, and almost full second improvement in the 1/4 mile if you lucky enough. ;)

WOW. Talking about it like this I am pretty upset about my auto. HEHE:p

·
Registered
291 Posts
First of all check your fluid if you low it could cause your simptoms. Make sure your fluid red. Also make sure it dosen't smell like burnt almods or very dark this is usally a sign of something seriously wrong. If your fluid looks good then adding a translab shift kit could fix your problem as well as prolong the life of your tranny. It's only $75 dollars and will work wonders. Your car has the same auto trannies as DSMs do. If you go to http://at.dsm.org you'll find lots vfaqs and information that you'll need even though your car isn't a dsm your tranny is the same.

V

·
0 Posts
Yeah...welcome to tranny hell.I had the same problem with my
94 SL Auto.I spent $2,600 for the rebuilt.

IMO,it's not worth the money to do Auto-Manual swap,unless
you find a very good deal on the parts and labor.I was quoted
for at least $5,000 to do the swap.It's the bottom price quote.
It could be more than $5,000.Mitsu dealer wants $8,000 for
the swap...:eek:

My advice is to have your tranny rebuilt using GT-PRO performance
tranny parts such as torque converter,tranny cooler,etc.If you
have extra funds,you can have more mods such as N20,intake,
TT or SC kit...;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shiat...anyone want to give me money?

·