Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the problem. I just got my '91 VR4 back from my mechanic two weeks ago. He tuned it up and changed my clutch, but he warned me that there was a part spinning that shouldn't be. It is the main input bearing of my stock GETRAG transmission AKA the *** bearing. He was unable to find this part to replace it because Mitsu only sells the entire tranny and GETRAG doesn't even manufacture the part any longer. Now, I believe this bearing is leaking oil onto my new clutch! Does anyone know where I can find this part? I really need help.
Thanks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't know for sure, but check out the "getrag tranny parts now available" thread. You did say that getrag doesn't make the part anymore, so I don't know if you've checked already. I was under the impression we could now get anything we need. Obviously they're out there somewhere b/c Mitsubishi still sells remanufactured transmissions.

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
Kormex has them. Also, if its what I think your talking about, I have one in my garage brand new. Are you talking the bearing/seal on the input shaft that is held in with a big snap ring, and that has the tube that the throwout bearing slides on? If so, I have one that I have no use for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Main Input Bearing

Dearest Moparjim,
That is exactly the piece I am talking about! (The bearing/seal that slides on the input shaft that is held with the big snap ring.)
You say that it is new, never used, right? If so could I buy it from you? I really need that part and I cannot find it anywhere. Let me know and I can email you or vice versa. Thanks.

Also, I have never heard of Kormex, what company is that? (Sorry for my ignorance)

Also, I will check out the "GETRAG parts now available thread" but I ordered all of the bearings and seals for my tranny and that was the one part that wasn't in there.

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
I don't need it so if you want Paypal me like $10 to cover shipping and my time and email me your address at [email protected]. It is new never used, I had a leak and bought the input and output shaft seals and it turned out to be the output shaft when I pulled the trans so I never used it.

Kormex is the leading rebuilder of the 3S trans in the USA, they are one of the few places doing them in any volume. Search the board for their contact info. I have installed many of their transmissions over the last few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts