Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ryns toy
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im finally going to buy a stealth. it is a 92' rt/tt black on black. i know about the common problems specific to car like tranny and turbos, also know about common stuff like any other car (paint, tires) but is there anything i might be forgetting to look for before i hand over the cash and get scammed? what do you actually look for for leaking turbos? it has 118K miles and i know the 120K is coming up but do you think there is any other problems with higher milage? thanks ryan.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
do a search, theres plenty of threads answering your question. Main things to look out for are hesitation, grinding syncros and smoke from the exhaust.

·
Registered
434 Posts
listen to your gut on the car. Anything that doesn't sound right or gives you a bad feeling look into it. It won't be worth buying if after you get it it breaks and you nedd to rebuild. Just trust you gut feeling.

·
3,108 Posts
did you by chance buy the black one that was forsale near 480?

·
ryns toy
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no actually it is in medina i think it is, the guy across the street told me he saw one so i went out that night and looked at it. where is the one on 480 and whats the price on it? thanks alot ryan

·
Registered
10,686 Posts
See if you can get a 3SI member to listen / test-drive the car. Anyone that has owned one of these for years can detect subtle warning sounds that you might miss.

Also, check out compression and condition of at least the three front plugs.. to give you some idea of how it has been running.

Cars last a long time if they are well maintained. (Good sign if all of the systems are still functioning ABS, lights etc.)

Clint

·
ryns toy
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey houdini where is that one at and whats the price.

·
3,108 Posts
Not sure, Dvlish (another cleveland board member) seen it and mentioned it too me since I'm looking for one.

·
ryns toy
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any info on it would be good but you get first dibs so i wont interfear until you have looked at it.

·
Registered
10,686 Posts
OIL LEAKS

Just in case the seller is slimey enough to try to cover up any oil leaks....

Go for a good highway ride with some strong pulls in third gear. When you come back, look underneath the car up around the engine area. If there is any oil on the engine or metal parts on the drivers side the car may be leaking from the front oil seal.

Not a huge deal because it is easy to replace when you do the 60K service but you should get something off the price if it is leaking.

Clint

1 - 11 of 11 Posts