Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, if they are split, broke or burnt in some place. I would not replace them unless they have well over 60,000 miles on them. You used the Stock NGKs, right? About $10.00 a plug? not some other NGK. It will make a difference. You might also want to check where you get gas. Most places start putting that oxygenated gas in during the winter. The gap sounds fine.

R

·
0 Posts
Whould bad plug wires cause intermediate sputtering and misfiring while accelerating and idling? I just replaced the plugs with stock replacement and gapped to .32, also new gaskets on the throttle body and intake manifold. Any suggestions would be appretiated..
thanks in advance
Adam

·
Registered
91 Posts
try using a fuel system cleaner like redline SL-1 or chevron techron for 1 or 2 tanks and see if it helps- it might be carbon deposits- also, it could still be a bad plug- I put in the proper NGK plugs about 3 months ago and one was bad- after replacing it, the one bad one, the car ran smoothly.

in closing, try new magnacor wires if yours are old-expensive, but worth it.

good luck
jack s.
3si#296

·
Registered
507 Posts
If its missing at idle try pulling the plug wires from the coils one at at time. As you do this note the effect each one has on the idle. If one removed does not worsen the idle then you probably have a bad wire or plug. If it in fact is running on 4 cylinders and you can remove two wires from the same coil, then you have a bad coil, Power Transistor Unit or a bad ECM output or wire.

R

·
0 Posts
Thanks to all that responded..I'll check it out and let you guys know...
ramman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts