Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to do the snake eyes..but the lights dont come up and lights up the slits but when i press the fog light button the headlights pop up but when i press the button down or turn the lights off..the headlights still stay popped up..what did i do wrong?

·
5,179 Posts
I am not sure what your talking about but I think you have it hooked up right. Just flip the toggle switch on so everything works normal. Activate the pop up lights with the button by the foglights. Turn the lights on then turn them off. When the lights are on the popups should be up. When the lights are off the popups should go down. While the lights are off hit the toggle switch then turn the lights on. The snake eyes should work.

To make the lights popup again just turn the lights off then hit the toggle switch. Then just turn the lights back on.

(The switch by the foglights and the foglights have nothing to do with the snakeeyes, except if you have the popup lights unactivated the popup lights are going to stay up anyway)

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
There seem to be a million different ways to do snake eyes out there. Personally, i found Alan Sheffield's version to be the absolute easiest and most convenient. Its very easy to hook up and doesnt mess with the fog light button. It turns on your headlights when your parking lights are on, but doesnt pop them up until you flip your headlight switch all the way over. Sorry if that sounds confusing, but here is the link...

http://mi3si.org/techdata/mysnakes.htm

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Yes; this is the beauty of this mod. When you have snake eyes, the lights do not shine that bright at all. When you put your fogs on, you can see MUCH better at night. In fact, i use my fogs almost always with my snake eyes.

The ONLY downside to this mod is that you can not have your parking lights on only. The snakes will come on with your parking lights.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I just did this mod. I like it except for the fact that you don't get to use your fog lights when the pop-ups are down. I have an electrical schematic of the wires and I am going to figure this out.

Other wise, great find. I didn't have to take off the heat duct, since I knew where it was, I slid my seat all the way back, did a back bend and slid under the steering wheel (not easy for a person as big as I am). Once I was under there with all of my tools, it took me five minutes to; do it (1 minute), get out (3.5 minutes), and test it (.5 minutes).:D

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
I like it except for the fact that you don't get to use your fog lights when the pop-ups are down.
I just did it and my foglights work fine with the popups down. Do you mean you want the fogs on and no other lights? I did not think it would do that in the first place.

This is an awesome mod. I like it because it is fairly quick. (I kept pulling on side out while putting the other in. Only happened a couple times.:D ) And it is completely reversible.

Thanks Alan!

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
I believe its a common problem for the fogs not to work on the '91's. I suggest searching around because i know guys have found solutions to this problem.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Switch

I prefer the method that simply adds a toggle switch to the existing pop-up line. If I want snake eyes, I simply turn the switch off and turn on my lights. If I want fog lights, just press the button. If I want my lights up: turn the lights off, toggle the switch on, and turn the lights back on. I canNOT have my fog's on with my parking lights, but -eh- I can have them on with the snake eyes. Also, the switch is flush in the coin tray corner and matches the interior so well people have asked if it's stock. :D Gotta love Radio Shack. This is Cope's Method.

http://www.3si.org/pages/snakeeyes2.html

- Ryan

·
Three SI OG
383 Posts
Things not to do!

Thanks LordPyros54 for standing behing my method. Different guys like the different options. To each his own.

However two things I need to update the page on is this:

1. Do not try to bypass the negative side versus the positive site. It will shortly blow your relay. The Relay is $54 new!!! Unless you can find a loving 1gen parting out to sell it to you used for less than $10.

2. You can save some wire by running it in the firewall under the wiper motor area versus the pedal area.

BTW; now I have a colored LED lighted switch in my cockpit now. I will have pics up on my website soon.

L8r, Glenn Cope

1 - 13 of 13 Posts