Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car back from the shop and the idle problem is fixed. But now i have a bad injector.

Does anyone know where i can get some info on replacing an injector or is there anyone around the Austin area that could help?

I would really rather change my own injector if its possible .. rather than paying 700 dollars to get it done from the dealership.

Please Help..

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That 700 will goto my boost controller and guage fund..

But the only way i can save money is if someone helps me out and gives me some info on doing it myself

·
Aged Member
778 Posts
Here this is giving props to one if not the best site that I have found yet for helping with our cars! So this is a great help. Thanks again Jeff L. !!!!!!!!

http://www.stealth316.com

go to the garage then to factory items and then select fuel injectors. It has detailed instructions that are both written and in pictures.

Good luck with it all!

P.S. Watch out for the little black plastic insulators that are underneath the fuel rails. They are a b*tch if one falls. (in my case I had to pull everything off but the heads to dig it out)

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot! I dont know why i didnt check this place sooner!

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much should i expect to pay for a brand new stock injector?

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
i have a set of 6 stock injectors sitting here.

also, www.vr4stealth.com has a nice tutorial on how to change them. Go with 450cc's, you will be happy

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much for hte stock 3rd injector?

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
well, you will have to talk to Mit_man_03 to see if he is buying them all from me, including my fuel pump... he has dibs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.