Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not me, but I have a friend lives a mile from me and has had a 92 TT sitting in his driveway for nealry 2 years waiting for a new tranny. Well, he called last night and said that he finally got everything rebuilt and put all back together, anc everything cleaned up, but he's being given the runaround - or so it sounds...

First off, I told him to call Tallahassee Mitsu.

He needs a single bolt. It's one of the ones that attaches the tranny to the transfer case. Apparetntly there are 4 bolts, 3 are 10" long, 1 is 6" long. He can;t get his hands on the 6" one. Said Chrysler didn't have any and doesn't have access to any. That's when I told him to call Mitsu. It's a "6-inch stepped bolt with unthreaded shoulder" - i.e., only half of it is threaded. Those of you that have had your trannies apart hopefully know what he's referring to.

He wanted me to tap my resources here (he doesn't have net access) and see if someone has one or knows where to get one. Anyone? he's very close to getting his cat back on the road and is apparently shy only one bolt. I did recommend he try Home Depot...

Thanks!!
EricB

·
Registered
653 Posts
I agree with the hardware store approach at least as a temporary fix. Tell him to take one of the other bolts to the hardware store so he can match up the thread size and pitch correctly, and buy one the correct length or a little longer (can always be cut down). If they have a good selection, he may even be able to select the grade of the bolt, but that's probably pushing it. I've had good luck with the local Sears Hardware store when I break or lose metric hardware. If that fails, tell him to look in the yellow pages for specialty fastener companies.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Eric,

Have him try Pep Boys if you have one around. They have a real good selection of metric bolts. I found some there that I needed to attach my motor to an engine stand. If he doesn't find one let me know and I'll look around here.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts