Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'll take the case!
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading old threads about the Blitz blow-off valve and there seems to be a lot of confusion concerning how this thing should be installed and adjusted. Would anyone care to share their experience and knowledge on this subject?

There seems to be some debate on whether the stock BOV should be kept in the system. Many people think so. How is this set up?

Second, many people remove the stock BOV and just run the Blitz. Is there an advantage? How is this BOV set up?

(pictures are worth 1,000 words)

Last, does screwing the adjustment clockwise make it harder, or counterclockwise? (I've actually heard both)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I removed the stock BOV and plugged the hole with a PCV pipe cap, fit right in and tightened it good. Then i just made a flange that fit my BOV and welded (MIG) it to a pipe that fit into the stock hose leading from the Y Pipe. I replaced the vacuum hose that ran from the intake manifold to the BOV, got some good sillicon stuff. Works real good, car doesnt die or studder at all, and the BOV sounds real good.

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
I did the same thing as solidous except the flange was already made for me. I can snap a picture for you when I get home tonight. I have no studder or car dieing problems and thing is loud. Passengers can hear it over the radio and they give me this look of confusion like "Did you just hear something??" Its actually a little Too loud for my liking, I like the quite stock BOV better. I dont like making a lot of noise with my car.

I hear the greddy type-s is as quite as stock, maybe I'll switch to that.....

·
Registered
832 Posts
Another that I am still confused about. The blitz supersound blows pressure to the atmosphere. This would make our cars run rich right after a shift, but how much of a difference will that make at say, 14 psi? I would like to run an open BOV, but I was afraid that the performance deficit would be too much. Maybe if you were to tweek the TPS slightly to make the car run just a little lean it would all work out? Or is there a way to do that so it only affects the fuel mixture right after a shift. Wouldn't want to run lean, thats for damn sure.

·
Registered
641 Posts
the only thing negative that would happen with the blitz is you run rich between shifts with it open loop. if your runing a hell alot of boost, i hear you may be able to stall. i have the blitz fully open loop on mine, and it hasnt stallee yet, but i o have an irratic idle which my safc will take care of that when installed.;)

·
I'll take the case!
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, I had a friend scan page 11-10 in the Stealth Service manual, showing the intake system, but I can't find the disk now! If anyone has a scanner & the manuals, it would help to have reference picture.

solidous: Do you mean that you plugged the hole from 'air intake hose #25' which is the big boxy hose that the MAS hooks up to, between the turbos. Then you fitted the Blitz, without any 'kit', to the Y-pipe? Blitz makes a 'kit' which is a metal tube that kinda looks like a 'y'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts