Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need a work beater. Something that will last me through the fun winters in Ohio, and will be reliable in the snow. I'm gonna be driving 400-500 miles a week :eek: I've been looking at the 1st gen Dsm's, has anyone had any expierences with these cars in the snow?? Help me!!!
I can't justify putting those putting those miles on the Vr4. This is the only way I can think of keeping the Vr4!!! So Please help me save the Beast!!!!:( :( :(
:D :D :D

·
poser
2,611 Posts
You really need to decide if you're selling or keeping.
Just the other day, someone was advertising a 91 Talon Tsi with a T03/04 and other goodies for $4K. seems ideal to me...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well If I can't find a beater in a hurry I'm selling the Vr4..:( :(

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My 1st gen Eclipse FWD turbo handled the MIchigan snow just fine.

·
poser
2,611 Posts
Can't believe I forgot to post this. For $2K you can have my white '91 Mitsu Galant. It's in excellent shape and has been mechanically impeccable for 5 years. Handled some snow we've gotten in NJ fine.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Just skim through the local ads. Look for anything with AWD, or
some smaller FWD car, like a caviler, grand am, malibu. I owned a 91' Grand Am, it was very slow, but I never got stuck. ( been through 2 winters with it, ice, snow, roads, stops, rocks.... )
good luck.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Help Me please!!!!!:(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Matt,
You kinda forgot what all you want in the car, like how much? Do you want one of the AWD dsm's or just any one in general? there are tons of beater cars, what are your criteria?

Since i don't know anything for sure i will say a good ol' Aires K car would be pimp, think of the looks you would get in that baby:D !!! Put your SSR's on it so it can ride a little higher over the snow also j/k;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops!!! I'd like to get a 1st or 2nd gen Talon/Eclipse Turbo, and AWD is a must.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts