Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the interior lights as well as the keyless entry////or cd changer and cigarette ligther
what should i do////////thanks

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
When my car was in the body shop they removed a fuse for the alarm/keyless entry while they were working on the car. They forgot to replace it and that one fuse affected a bunch of things including the interior lights. Maybe that's your problem. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sounds like its time for a brake job. Just kidding. Lets figure this one out. Cig lighter not working, interior lights not working,keyless entry not working, and cd changer not working. What do all of these devices have in common? Well, obviously they are all electrical devices. Secondly, they all operate on a constant 12v power source (HINT!). So, chances are, that you have a blown or missing fuse somewhere, or some other interruption in the circuit. I would check the fuse for the cig lighter first, as often, this line is what gets tapped into for other accessories (the alarm probably taps into the interior lights line). Once you find out which fuse it was / is, you should also put some thought into WHY it blew, to prevent further occurrences. Perhaps too many accessories run off one circuit, a poor ground, or maybe an accesory itself is defective

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
HAHA Andrew, you are incorrigible! Did you know that the first thing they teach you in teachers college is to never use sarcasm when teaching someone. Why? Because they will invariably end up doing the very thing you were being sarcastic about, and then say you told them to!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts