Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a GOOD mechanic in the Orlando area? Thanks...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What do you need specifically?.....tune-up, engine diagnostic, potential problems or just for future needed to avoid the killing cost from Mitsu dealer? I'm in Orlando too.
Don94

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had major major probs. I've replace just about everything under the hood. I replace the computer about 4 months ago. I think I need a valve job now. I just replace the plugs and wires with NGKs. The car knocks and now it's been bucking. It has a hard time starting now and I think I need a new battery too. The plugs are ok but I just can't figure this out and don't want to get ripped off by dealerships. Any advice? I'm ready to drive it into a lake.....oh, It's a 91 Stealth, Turbo with about 100,000 miles on it. I've had it for about 3 years and always had problems with it. Thanks for the reply.....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH yeah, Don, the speedometer doesn't work, the SRS light is always on, the engine light is now on, the suspension will no longer switch and that's all I can think off off the top of my head. I need to make a list but it would take so long....haha. Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Shirl! I used to know a guy named Joe Mathew, he used to work for Don Mealey Mitsu in Orlando. Last year he left Don Mealey and went to work for Tuffy, which is just grand openned early of last year on Semoran Blvd just one block away from Colonial rd. That's why most of the major work on my car were done by Joe at Tuffy and I'm very happy with it. Unfortunately, the business at Tuffy seemed to be too slow, therefore Joe has left and went to some other place. I have tried to reach him at his Home number, but it has been disconnected. I called Tuffy to ask for his information with out result. I lost contact with him since then. Now, all of the services on my car were performed by my brother inlaw and I. Badly, recently I have a problem with the tranny, we know it is internally problem, but my brother inlaw does not have much knowledge with auto trans. So I lets ALL TRANSMISSION WORLD take care the problem. I'm planning to search for Orlando Mechanics directory to see if I can find Joe. If I do, I'll lets you guys know immediately.
Note: All others externally engine works such as: Tune-up(included replace spark plugs), timming belt, engine belts, waterpump, exhaust system, brake job or struts and shocks are quiet easy. You can do it yourself with some simple tools. Email me for questions or take your car to my place if you need tools(I'll not lets you take my tools home,hehehe). Save your bucks for wing shack, Hooters or CABARETS...hehehe.
later,
Don94

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
i need to find a good mechanic in orlando too. i haven ot yet found anyone i trust. where do you live in orlando? in am by the OIA.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ricks Import Performance. This is the shop I always use. It's off orange ave. on the opposite side of 50 than downtown. it'll be on your left and I think it's near fairbanks, but I'm not sure. In one of the yellow pages its under ricks import performance and in the other it's just under import performance.
And to matt... I'm sorry I never got back to you about this but I stopped using that e-mail add. so I couldn't get your return add.
My new add is [email protected] I'll be happy to answer any questions. As a matter of fact I'm WAY past due on my 60k so if you want someone to ride down there with and take a look at the place i'll go with you when I bring my car in. Rick is a cool guy and he knows his stuff. He's done quite a bit of work on the tt cars as far as the 3000s and the 300Zs go. I trust him enough to do my clutch and now my 60k, and thats a LOT of trust since it usually doesn't go to anyone but mitsubishi.
Well good luck all and have a good night I'm going to BED!
Mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
hey guys and gals,

just wanted to let you know that i'm also in the Orlando area, Lake Mary. I also have not found a good, knowledgable mechanic in Orlando for our cars. Most everything I've fixed has been from advice from this site, and I've done it myself, and i am NOT mechanical, and when necessary, having my brother, who is a custom paint and body man but also an experienced mechanic, do some of the work for me.
it would be nice if the central florida owners could stay in touch, and compare notes on mechanics and help each other in other ways if possible.

jack s.
3si#296
93 Black VR-4

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info Don. If you find out where you're friend went, let me know. I guess I just need someone to look at it and tell me whats wrong. I can't figure it out. I've done so much to my car I don't think theres anything left to do to it. I've done a lot of it myself (maybe that's the problem) haha. And to the Cabarets comment....why are they having a male review that I would enjoy? haha. Thanks....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts