Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have ported 13g turbos with 450 cc injectors (I'm not sure which year b/c I bought them off of 2 separate guys on the net. The injectors look the same excelt for 2 have a green cap on the tip.???), Walboro 255 high pressure fuel pump, HKS AFR, Autometer A/F Guage.

My A/F guage is pegged out on rich all the time but it seems to run better when I set it richer.

Mt A/F guage worked after installing the new turbos and before installing the HKS AFR.

I dont know where I'm as far as A/F because the A/f guage isnt helping me out any.

My settings are around to -10 throughout the rpm range but I know this isnt right. I tried it at -20 but seemed to run worse. Anyone have any suggestions???

Oh Yeah, one more thing I'm at 5,500 ft.

Thanks. :confused:

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I'm not sure how the elevation thing works. But other than that here are my rough draft settings:

Well, my car has been down for almost 2 minths, so I forget. But I know that I am running between -17 and -22%

Are you sure your injectors are OK? my 450's are either black or blue, my 360's are orange, and my 220's (or whatever) out of my SL are GREEN!!!!!

Be careful you are not running SL injectors!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
450 injectors

here's apic of the two different types of injectors. The sellers said they were the same, but now I'm not so sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It's not really a good practice to mix injectors like that. There is definitely a difference in those injectors. Do the spray tips look identical except for the green color or are the tips different? IF the tips are the same, you should verify that they are indeed 450cc injectors and then have them sent to RC to be flow matched. IF I remember correctly, the stock 360cc injectors have green caps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
injectors

The spray tips look identical. the difference is in the cap and the color. Of course it could be something more.

What could happen if they are different?

Should I stop driving it? :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts