Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my 60k mile maintence done and today i finally got it back. For some reason my headunit locked up, im guessing its the anti thieft thing. When i turn it on it says codE and i have no idea where to get the code at. I bought my 3000gt a couple months ago and i dont have the origional paperwork or manuals. Please help me out if you can.. Definitly need my tunes:cool:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
This happened to me when I replaced my old deck! The code is 4 #'s. Everyone has a diff. that will work. What I did was called the Mitsubishi dealers and asked them to find the # for me. You will have to take your deck out to get the # on the back of it to tell the people at the dealers. Ask for both #'s. Once you get the codes just puch them in. But, you have only 3 tries to get it right. After the 3rd one you have to leave you car on for and hour or more so that you can try it again. Good luck!:D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thanks for the reply. I will have to give that a try tomorrow, its getting really annoying not haveing any music my car. I hope that works out.:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm.

well i tryed calling around today to all the dealerships in my area and no luck. They all want me to bring in my car and take out my headunit and charge me anywhere from $30-$80.:mad: When i tell them that i already took out my headunit and have all the numbers they need, they say they cant help me because i might have stolen it.. Common Now! first of all who would want to steal a 6 year old radio, and secondly is isnt there a way for them to look up the ownership of my car? They are certified mitsubishi dealerships. So i just think that all the dealerships around me are lazy asses.

I would just like to know if anyone one else had success with gettin the code over the phone, and if they did could they please pass along the phone # of that dealership.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Well, sorry that all the dealerships are lazy asses! LOL! Tonight I will go out to my car and try to find the phone # that I used. I know how it feels not having anything to listen too!:(

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Sorry man, but I can not find that #! I thought that it was in my owner's manual but the only thing that I found was my code! Good luck!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its ok

Thanks anyway. I hope to get this fixed tomorrow.. Theres gotta be some helpful dealerships out there. I'll just have to keep calling different ones.

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
just a thoght... take your car to the dealership but take everything apart so they can just yank the headunit out. would that still cost 30-80$?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They probably wouldn't charge if they didnt have to take anything apart, but anyways i did manage to find a friendly dealership who believed that i didnt steal my headunit and they gave me the code.. Well actually the idiots gave me the wrong code the first time, the after waiting an hour for the thing to reset i called them back and got the right one. Got my tunes back:D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
so...you care to tell us the name and number of this cool dealership???

i'm probably going to do some work on my car this weekend that i need to remove the battery for, and i would prefer to not have to go to the dealership to get the code.

~matt

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sure the dealership was Falkner Mitsubishi (215) 536-8100, guy was very helpful. If you dont get him heres another to try Fred Beans Mitsubishi (215) 340-7950, lady there was helpful although she did give me the wrong code at first. Hope these help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts