Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Unknown 3000GT VR4 :**
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help, my car just died in traffic! argh!

I really dont know what happened, i was goin in 1st just about to take a left and the car just shook a bit and died. I tried startin her up but it wont start. Called a friend from an auto store, he brought some people to check it out, its not the battery, says the spark plugs aint gettin any current? I'm pretty sure thats what he meant.

I just came home to write this up and see if anyone has any ideas or something that could help me out. Maybe a fuse? Could it be the ecu? the last time i took her out I had thise problem, it was just 3 days ago and this is the first time i use the car since then (http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114567)

Thanx.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts
If the plugs are not making spark then it may be the coils....

·
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds just like my problem, except I never saw or smelt smoke.
all it will do is crank but no ignition.

To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, February 04, 1999 5:07 AM
Subject: 92 RT TT Problem Urgent help!!!!

>Hi everyone,
>
>I really have a huge problem with my stealth,
>can anyone help,
>
>One fine morning I started it up no prob's then all of a sudden it just
>stopped, I tried it again but all it would do is crank but no ignition,
>I had it towed to a garage, they worked on it for two days but came up
>with nothing after they checked all the fuses an electrical circut they
>said that it could be the ECU since when on my second attempt to start
>it there was a wisp of smoke comming from behind the CD-Tape player
>panel.
>
>Does anyone out there know or can help me out here in what do you think
>is the cause of all this misery
>
>please help !

·
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem Solved (for now at least). It was a plug. I'm going to have to get a new one, since its broken and looks like the ex owner had put some glue on top to keep it in place. Anyone know the name of this part? if its even possible to get? :confused:

I know the picture doesn't really show the plug thingy heh, but someone here must know what im talking about! :)

Its in there, and it plugs into the right. Hope that helps :confused:

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts
One of the plugs that connects to one of the coil packs?

·
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea heh... but it doesn't have to so with the spark plug wires or where the spark plug wires connect, its a plug that is squarish and is located where I put the circle, down there. And it plugs into or connects to the right hand side.

Maybe it is what you said, where can I get that?

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts

Is that the plug you're talking about?

·
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The black one at the bottom right?

Its hard to tell since in my car i can just see something black lol, but I think it is. the part that connects to it is whats broken though.

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
Okay you have all these wires running to a rectangular box correct? Is it the BOX or the WIRE that is broken? If it's the wire then you need a new sparkplug wire! if it's the box then you need a new COIL PACK!
sean

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
Okay you have all these wires running to a rectangular box correct? Is it the BOX or the WIRE that is broken? If it's the wire then you need a new sparkplug wire! if it's the box then you need a new COIL PACK! If it's the coil pack remove old, look at part number on it and call dealership and order a new one!
sean

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts
He's not talking about either the black box on the coil back or the plug wires. He's talking about the wire that plugs into the black connector on the coil pack.

Frost:
I'm assuming the connector isn't staying connected? In what way is it broken?

·
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah it doesnt stay connected... there are 2 connectors down there, I'm talking about the bigger one, the one closer to the front of the car. Its broken, the plastic surrounding it is broken so its not tight and therefore the clip doesnt do its work, it doesnt stayed clipped on. I hope i'm explaning the situation...

Can I get this connector somewhere and then strip the wires and put them on the new one? something like this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts