Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today I started my car up and as I was trying to pull out of the drive way I realized that my power steering no longer worked. Confused I popped the hood and noticed that both of my belts are broken. Plus I tried to check my power steering fluid and realized that I couldnt find it!! So then I tried to find my owner's manual which is on the cd I ordered through here and I couldnt find it! So what I need from you all now is a layout as to how the belts should be put on (possibly a diagram) and what sized belts to get, and if possible instructions on how to put them on. Thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Could help you out next week

Hello,

I have the actual factory manuals at home. I could scan and send them to you Monday if you need.

Sorry can't get to sooner however I am going out of town in a few minutes.

Let me know monday if you still need help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anybody else add anything to this? Im actually pretty worried now. So turns out both of the belts came off, one is obviously the power steering belt, and I dont know what the other one is, but anyways I was driving to go pick up the belts thinking that aside from the lack of power steering everything would be ok but then when I hit the gas my car starts like sputtering and shit. Could lack of belts do this to my car or is there something else wrong? It was doing alright for a while but then later on if I pushed the gas it felt like it was bogging down and it would sputter. Someone please give me some insight on what this could be. Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here the layout (attached). Since you said both belts I assume the alternator is gone too. Once the battery is weak, it will have problems firing the plugs. That will cause severe drivability problems. Don't drive it until it's fixed. You will kill your battery.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts