Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new owner here of a 1995 3000gt spyder vr4. I inherited a project car from my father who was a member on this thread. Theres a lot of work to do in it and i have no idea where to start. The engine need put in, AWD need welded properly. All i know so far is that he moved the latch cable and was allready in the process of welding and putting the engine together. Ik for a fact theres parts galore out in the garage but without him... Im just so lost in what to do next. Any advice would help next few post will be cataloging all parts in photos and the car. During corona i got nothing better to do. His last wishes were for this car to be together. Im not trying to race it but i want it together and literally shining. Any advice welcome

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,703 Posts
Greetings :)
First off, if you have time, you might want to join THIS group. 3000spyders groups.io Group
It is chock full of Spyder owners and many have done lots of maintenance work on their vehicles.

It might be helpful to take pictures and post them up (you can sign up to Imgur.com for free and link your pictures here) so we can see the current state of the vehicle.

Curious to know why you think that your AWD needs welding???

Bob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he was going from an fwd to an all wheel drive. The engine bay is completely gutted the engine was taken apart and reassembled.( theres two and i dont know which is the new one) im not a mechanic in the slightest but im young and easy learner so i hope i can put the work and dedication to it

·
13,703 Posts
There is a SHIT ton of fabrication work to turn a FWD Spyder into a AWD one.
I've read threads about regular coupes being transformed, but can't recall a Spyder being done, as the top and trunk configuration adds some challenges for locating rear frame mounting points.

Now that I think about it, there may have been one...let me do some researching...

Bob.

·
13,703 Posts
Turns out this project was started on the Spyders board that I linked you to.
I am asking for more info...

Bob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts