Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clearly. I probably haven't posted in 5+ years.

So many memories from about 15 years ago though!

·
Member #538
1,262 Posts
Yeah, I took a break for a while and when I came back this place had completely changed. I missed the whole forum split too.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forum split?

I suppose no one is even still on here from back then.

Had my car as the love of my life for so long and it faded into obscurity. Years passed, a tree fell on it, and it ended up totalled in a barn. Long story short, it's back in my garage -- thinking about getting it running again, though it will never be anything close to its former glory. So here I am.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still around, but mostly lurk because I'm tired of answering tech questions for lazy people. :)
Didn't we do a Rock Falls day once? Was it you who showed me the trick to pump the pump gas out of the car at the track? :)

Been a lot of long lost memories I've been recalling since she showed back up in my garage this weekend.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we did go out to Rock Falls for some runs... And I probably did show you the FPR return line hose trick to drain the gas out. Lol!

Good times...
Too funny. Was thinking about looking that up too, actually. Given the gas in the tank is probably 3 years old.

...That might also help me figure out why she doesn't want to start anymore, if the pump isn't working...

·
Pro xfercase destroyer
5,416 Posts
If the gas is that old, put a bucket under the plug on the tank and remove the plug bolt. Passenger side bottom of the tank, below the filler. Should drain just about all of it out for you.

For testing purposes, I think the fuel pump test connector is the black one behind the battery. Just jumper +12v from the battery to the test connector and the pump should run.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the gas is that old, put a bucket under the plug on the tank and remove the plug bolt. Passenger side bottom of the tank, below the filler. Should drain just about all of it out for you.

For testing purposes, I think the fuel pump test connector is the black one behind the battery. Just jumper +12v from the battery to the test connector and the pump should run.
Even better, thank you!

·
3S Obsessed
926 Posts
Have not logged in and been active for a few years now. I notice tonight in the ACTIVE THREAD topics....there are a predominate amount of posts in the parts wanted or parts to sell sub-forums than most all other conversations. Its sorta sad isn't it? Used to be a lot of "how do I make my care go faster" type conversations going on verses how do I keep the wheels turning.

Dan
97VR4

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
Sad indeed, been the norm for some time that classified posts out number all the others. The other forum is even more dead sadly ;(

·
3S Obsessed
926 Posts
Evidence is...that we are (and the platform is) getting old.

bleh....fck :(

Dan
97Vr

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,096 Posts
Rich!!!

How are you?

I still lurk as well, but spend most of my time on the other forum....

Bob. :)

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rich!!!

How are you?

I still lurk as well, but spend most of my time on the other forum....

Bob. :)
Bob!! One of the few usernames I could recall from so many years ago was yours! ! !

Recently married, got a house with a big garage, life is good. Wife is actually encouraging me to fix the Stealth and save it. Better strike while the iron is hot...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts