Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have noticed my handle in the "Today's Birthdays" at the bottom of the page and thought - "Wonder what happened to that old fart?" or more likely "He sure had a nice '99 VR-4, wonder what ever happened to it?"

Last question first - it died 10 years ago last month in a total front end wreck in which I came out without a scratch. Actually that wreck save my life in a different but very real way.

There was no replacing that '99 emotionally, and so, since then, I have wandered off into other makes and models and my latest ride is a 2015 Stingray Coupe. I still get on the track and drive and teach but not as frequently as before. My next date is with Chin Motorsports at Sebring December 12. It will be my first chance to do NIGHT laps.

But I have never forgotten the friends I made here on 3si. I always look at the NG announcements, event schedules and pictures. Every now and then I sneak a peak inside the forum.

To all of you who keep the spirit alive -

CONGRATULATIONS AND KEEP IT GOING

·
<3's lapping days
3,275 Posts
I dont know you but its nice of you to say hi to everyone, sucks about your 99 :(

·
|RLII Photography|
3,183 Posts
Hey Bob! Great to hear from you and that you're still doing well and getting some track time in.

I lost my VR-4 this year, so unfortunately I know your pain of losing the 99 all too well. :(

Let me know if you ever make it up to Barber in Birmingham anytime. I'd love to drive the NSX down and meet up with you.

·
Super Moderator
21,058 Posts
Great to see you post - I remember you from long ago... how do you like the Stingray compared to the Porsche you had picked up after the '99?

Like yourself and Rob, I too lost my VR-4 in a wreck, but I decided on another one and have a Stealth now. I had to have a pearl white car, something I think you'd understand:

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a story behind that picture taken on Spectator Hill at Road Atlanta. The caption is "From Playstation to the Track"
My love of the GTO in Gran Turismo (the original) lead to the purchase of the a '99 SL.
Finding this forum lead to the very contagious Turbo Envy,
which lead to the VR-4,
which lead to a Track Day at Sebring,
which lead to the incurable need for speed and nearly 100 track days since.

I'll take my C6 or C7 Z51 Vettes over the Porsche - I've never looked back
comparable performance
C6 and now the C7 are both lighter than the 996TT
Vettes are shorter in length and height and wider
Vettes cost HALF the 996TT - (Even the C7 Z06 is about 2/3 the 996TT)
Vette cost barely anything to maintain and drive EVERYDAY
Porsche parts and labor are $$$$

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,241 Posts
A blast from the past!!!!

How are you Bob? How is the Mrs.? The girls?

I'll never forget getting the opportunity to have breakfast with you and your daughter, then snapping some quick pics with the cars!!!

I miss you (no homo)....

Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

Bob. :)

·
Bored User
8,533 Posts
Hey Bob!! So glad to hear you're doing well! :bigthumb:

10 years ago.. Man, time flies.... :eek3:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts