Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh sweet! I'd love to check it out and see your thoughts what you've done to yours. Once it's up and running maybe we can do a quick photoshoot, maybe see if we can get some cool roller shots too.
Well, I was planning on finding a shop to help with the synchros and clutch because it's not something I thought I could do in my super unlevel apartment parking lot but if you're serious let's talk.
Yeah, that sounds cool. When I got my vr4 it would always grind going into 3rd gear. The friction material like to detach itself from synchros in our transmissions and that was the problem with mine. I would buy rvenge's carbon synchros and a seal kit if you think you have a bad synchro. My car would always made a clunk from the rear end and I finally figured out that it was coming from inside the transmission and it was a fairly simple fix, but my output shaft seal started leaking when I got it back together so I need to tear it all back apart again lol. I'll probably try and fix it this saturday if I'm not working.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,713 Posts
No, there is an ECS button.
If I recall, it is a round button on the right side of the upper console area.
Regardless, if the system is working properly, either the STOCK or TOUR lights will be on.

If you have the owners manual, it explains the ECS, switch and lights.

Bob.

Reactions: shocku992

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,713 Posts
I "thought" there was access to online owners manuals, so I could show you the ECS info, but I can't for the life of me find it.

I'll keep looking...

Bob.

Reactions: shocku992

·
Registered
1992 3000gt VR4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah, that sounds cool. When I got my vr4 it would always grind going into 3rd gear. The friction material like to detach itself from synchros in our transmissions and that was the problem with mine. I would buy rvenge's carbon synchros and a seal kit if you think you have a bad synchro. My car would always made a clunk from the rear end and I finally figured out that it was coming from inside the transmission and it was a fairly simple fix, but my output shaft seal started leaking when I got it back together so I need to tear it all back apart again lol. I'll probably try and fix it this saturday if I'm not working.
Sounds like fun. I’ll see if I can get the parts ordered. Mine is from 1st to second that grinds a little.
Work always takes away from the fun projects.

·
Registered
1992 3000gt VR4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I "thought" there was access to online owners manuals, so I could show you the ECS info, but I can't for the life of me find it.

I'll keep looking...

Bob.
After doing some more reading, it looks like my ECS computer in the truck is probably unplugged, hints the no lights on the dash. Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.

·
Lord of Boost
1,327 Posts
Hey, I'm Alex from Chattanooga TN. and this is my 92 VR4. This is my first VR4, but not my first experience with them. My father had 2 VR4s and a Stealth RTT when I was younger. We were always playing with them. From upgraded turbos and injectors to custom interiors and custom audio systems (Back in the Nopi Nationals day). From the time he sold his last one, I've wanted to find a another one for me. Well, he stumbled across this 92 vr4 and called me to see if I wanted it. I'm officially the 3rd owner of this beauty. It's all original, garage kept, and absolutely stunning. It spent the last 11 years in a garage, almost never driven due to the previous owners fears of something happening to this beauty. I've put 500+ miles on it in the last few weeks and I'm in love.

Right now, the plan is maintenance and restoration. This car is in such good condition, butI want to restore it back to factory perfection. Then, maybe I'll do a little work on the motor... ;-) I've got new lifters on order along with valve cover gaskets and transmissions synchros. Oh, and some used fog lights to replace the one cracked one. I'm still trying to decide what to do about suspension and wheels. As far as I know, the ECS works and part of me wants to keep it original, but I know after market coilovers will help the ride and feel of the car. I don't love the chrome wheels either, so we'll see on that.
Welcome! A DAMN good look'n car!!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts