Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, does any one know of a place where I can buy a charcoaled ASHTRAY for 1995 3000 GT 1995 Base Model?

For some reason the cover of the ash tray become very discolored and looks terrible, probably from the sun.

Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the astray cover restore it's original color?

Thank you in advance.

-Frank

Ashtray.jpg

·
Chief Exec.
738 Posts
Frankie welcome to 3si. Mines looked exactly like yours did ,this is what I did. I Wiped it with soap and water...dried it out nice especially the inside and then just sprayed it. I didn't use any adhesive promoter like the vinyl paint suggests and it has been looking awesome for years. I will attach pics of the paint I used and even the adhesive promoter just in case you want to use it. The good thing about vinyl paint is it doesn't run very easily so it's difficult to screw up. I attached pictures of how mine came out. I even did my center console and it came out niiiiice. Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Driftir,

Thank you so much for your recommendation, I really appreciated it. I just had my car repainted and it feels like a new car again (From the outside), so now I am just trying to fix all the little problems I have on the inside..

Thank you again,
Frank

Frankie welcome to 3si. Mines looked exactly like yours did ,this is what I did. I Wiped it with soap and water...dried it out nice especially the inside and then just sprayed it. I didn't use any adhesive promoter like the vinyl paint suggests and it has been looking awesome for years. I will attach pics of the paint I used and even the adhesive promoter just in case you want to use it. Good thing about vinyl paint is it's difficult to screw up. It doesn't run very easily. I attached how mine came out as well. I even did my center console amd it came out niiiiice. Good luck View attachment 293881 View attachment 293882 View attachment 293883

·
Chief Exec.
738 Posts
Hello Driftir,

Thank you so much for your recommendation, I really appreciated it. I just had my car repainted and it feels like a new car again (From the outside), so now I am just trying to fix all the little problems I have on the inside..

Thank you again,
Frank
My pleasure Frankie, I'm doing the exact same thing with my car except i started from the inside working outward. Post a pic when your done with it.🙂 Also the color I used is HVP106 FLAT BLACK

Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Driftir,

Do you use both of these products? Or just one?

Thank you,
Frank

My pleasure Frankie, I'm doing the exact same thing with my car except i started from the inside working outward. Post a pic when your done with it.🙂 Also the color I used is HVP106 FLAT BLACK

Cheers.

·
Chief Exec.
738 Posts
I used only the vinyl sprayer but on the back i the vinyl spray can it recommended using the clear adhesive first so the vinyl sprayer itself sticks better. Totally up to you bud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts