Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does your ride have marron and black leather and are you a pueblo 3/S guy. If so I seen your ride at UPP. Mine choose to fry caps and leak everywhere the day I saw it. Stupid ECU....!

·
one of the first
2,807 Posts
Does your ride have marron and black leather and are you a pueblo 3/S guy. If so I seen your ride at UPP. Mine choose to fry caps and leak everywhere the day I saw it. Stupid ECU....!

^ That would be Mike's car....

·
Registered
72 Posts
^ That would be Mike's car....
Yep. It was on the lift and they actually tested my crank angle sensor with his found out mine was aftermarket hehe.:D

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
good to know my car can help someone else's. My vss was teh problem. He took them back to laniers and they are redoing the heads i guess. They didnt do it last time. they just cleaned em. He is rehoning the block so we'll see what happens. I swear this car hates me.

Oh, and by the way ck is taking care of this problem. For what its worth he is a stand up guy and still got me 400crank/360awhp with the smoking and bad vss!

·
Registered
72 Posts
good to know my car can help someone else's. My vss was teh problem. He took them back to laniers and they are redoing the heads i guess. They didnt do it last time. they just cleaned em. He is rehoning the block so we'll see what happens. I swear this car hates me.

Oh, and by the way ck is taking care of this problem. For what its worth he is a stand up guy and still got me 400crank/360awhp with the smoking and bad vss!

Yeah. He is alright with me just not the usual kind of guy I like dealing with though. When I brought it to him the codes showed it could be the coils which is what I wished it was..Stupid ECU. I like that he found out what was wrong with it but I hate that he charged me to find out, plugs nope, crank angle sensor nope, coils nope, oh must be the ECU....but before he narrowed it down to the ECU he said ok we are really going to start digging into this thing I'm thinking WTF. I went and got a second opinion and he pulled the thing apart and came to the same conclusion the difference is he doesn't charge if he didn't fix anything....My kind of guy.:mitsu::dodge:

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
well, like i said, I spent $6000 bucks so he is making shit right. Good dude. I would charge to to take time outta work to figure out what is wrong with your car? ya know? It is a diagnosis fee

·
Registered
72 Posts
well, like i said, I spent $6000 bucks so he is making shit right. Good dude. I would charge to to take time outta work to figure out what is wrong with your car? ya know? It is a diagnosis fee
Well thats how I'd expect a rape shop to operate not someone thats getting the bulk of their business from 3/S guys and imports alone or someone that noticeably has an extremely high overhead. Call me old school and say what you want but I'd be more incline to take my car to someone for evey little thing that I know had my best interest at heart. All I'm saying is I just did not get that vybe from him. Prob because he's not that experinced at diagnosis yet and I know he was a mechanic prior to opening that shop and I could go on and on. Not talking shit just telling you how my experience was with him and its the first time I ever met him. I could go to a gas station and get a better vybe its just I know better than to do that. But I'm glad he's taking care of you. Should tell you I called and asked for codes to be read and he did that for free which was cool maybe its just his persona that I wasn't feeling either way all togather for me was a bad vybe. Be Cool :)

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well thats how I'd expect a rape shop to operate not someone thats getting the bulk of their business from 3/S guys and imports alone or someone that noticeably has an extremely high overhead. Call me old school and say what you want but I'd be more incline to take my car to someone for evey little thing that I know had my best interest at heart. All I'm saying is I just did not get that vybe from him. Prob because he's not that experinced at diagnosis yet and I know he was a mechanic prior to opening that shop and I could go on and on. Not talking shit just telling you how my experience was with him and its the first time I ever met him. I could go to a gas station and get a better vybe its just I know better than to do that. But I'm glad he's taking care of you. Should tell you I called and asked for codes to be read and he did that for free which was cool maybe its just his persona that I wasn't feeling either way all togather for me was a bad vybe. Be Cool :)
Did u notice how many 3000gt's were there? he had like 5 vr4's there last week cause he knows his shit. Dont knock him man, he's a good dude

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did u notice how many 3000gt's were there? he had like 5 vr4's there last week cause he knows his shit. Dont knock him man, he's a good dude

Never said he didn't. I did say he receives most of his business from 3/S guys and imports. And if you gained anything from what I said you should pinpoint that most of it was focused on the vybe I got from him ie. his persona was off to me(that's all). Anyway I'm off the subject now and like I said I'm glad he's taking care of you. Hope you rides running strong again soon.

JJ:mitsu::dodge:

·
Boost is good
347 Posts
JJ I get what your saying and understand that you are wishing Sin all the best in getting his car back up and running so he can enjoy it.

On a side note, I put together something for you but do not have an email address to send it to-

·
Registered
72 Posts
JJ I get what your saying and understand that you are wishing Sin all the best in getting his car back up and running so he can enjoy it.

On a side note, I put together something for you but do not have an email address to send it to-
Thanks Man. Sent you a PM!

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Is your car down for the count again or is it fixed this time?
got the heads back yesterday so just waiting for chris to get back to get the car back together

·
Registered
893 Posts
got the heads back yesterday so just waiting for chris to get back to get the car back together
how much you paying him? be honest. its either GAS, GRASS OR ASS!:muahaha:

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
well ck is going to do my timing. he's also going to fix a oil leak that i had before i tore her down. I know Chris is the only person i know who can put the puzzle together. hopefully soon

·
?Mark
16,503 Posts
as u all know, ive spent retarded money on my car...again....and it is still not running right. smoking and leaking. There was 2 cam seal leaks, (replaced both cams, had big chunks in em) and gonna have the VSS checked. Just tired of it. spent $6000 again and not up runnign right. Hopefully CK can get her running good. Just looks like spy hunter at stop lights. I just need to vent before I punch someone at work. I just pray this shit works. Sry to vent but our forums are down.
It must be that maroon thingy, cause I hear marshall and Mike state this shit all the time

·
Registered
893 Posts
Dont think 3/S like having maroon/burgandy on them.:nono:

lol. jk

·
One fix at a time
7,745 Posts
If you lived closer and this rebuild didn't work out I'd come do it for you for cheap just so you could have a car with no problems. I'll admit that I might have given up and gotten a different 3S if I went through that much but then again I do all my own work.

·
1st/Only TRIPPLE CHARGED!
324 Posts
Wow, been a while since I've been on here, missed alot.
WhiteWolf, I get what you're saying about a bad vibe, some people you just don't click with, no biggy I can't please everyone! But really? Really, I'm supposed to work for free? I mean sure if it's a simple quick fix, or quick diag by reading your codes or something no prob. But if I gotta pull you in, start chasing wires, swaping parts, and spend time with it....yea I gotta charge you! I'm a business, and believe it or not I do have overhead! No I didn't fix the problem, but you also didn't want to pay for an ecu either! If you had an ECU, or bought one to repalce it, I wouldn't have charged any extra to put it in for you! I mean that's the easy part, figureing out what's wrong is the hard part. And apparently I'm "new" to daignosing? Ummm no..... Course I could go by the dealership standards.....start swapping parts with new ones till I find the problem and charge you for a whole bunch of parts you don't really need! Not trying to be a dick and not trying to rant on you, but seriously, when you clocked into work today did you tell your boss that you were going to work for free as a sign of good faith? I've got bills and a family just the same as everyone else. Hell it cost over $600/mo just to keep the lights on and the temperature up in that building....can't pay that with a smile and a handshake! ;)

A wise man once told me, "You have to charge your friends, cause your enemy's won't shop with you!"

Mike, call me later this week, I'll try to make it down this weekend.

CK

21 - 40 of 43 Posts