Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as u all know, ive spent retarded money on my car...again....and it is still not running right. smoking and leaking. There was 2 cam seal leaks, (replaced both cams, had big chunks in em) and gonna have the VSS checked. Just tired of it. spent $6000 again and not up runnign right. Hopefully CK can get her running good. Just looks like spy hunter at stop lights. I just need to vent before I punch someone at work. I just pray this shit works. Sry to vent but our forums are down.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
just keep your head up, everything happens for a reason and everything works out in the end one way or another. when you get your car fixed, all the leaks sealed up and the smoking to stop and the first time you go WOT and feel the pull and hear the turbo's spooling up...it'll be worth it. good luck

·
Al-key-haul
2,814 Posts
Dude you should have just bought Ray's car and spent the rest on hookers and blow. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, with Ray's car you wouldn't need to pay for hookers. ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
as u all know, ive spent retarded money on my car...again....and it is still not running right. smoking and leaking. There was 2 cam seal leaks, (replaced both cams, had big chunks in em) and gonna have the VSS checked. Just tired of it. spent $6000 again and not up runnign right. Hopefully CK can get her running good. Just looks like spy hunter at stop lights. I just need to vent before I punch someone at work. I just pray this shit works. Sry to vent but our forums are down.

you have new turbos?

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea. ^^

·
Rice & Wings Yummy
1,250 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues.

These cars are great when they are running. I don't think they ever really run right and if they do, it is only for a short time.

Except for the syncro, output shaft, spun bearings, transfer case lockup, misc oil leaks (turbos, oil sending sensor), water pump, timing belt, bent valves, dash vents, upper door trim's paint peeling, paint fading, clear peeling, driver seat rips, door panels bubbling, etc..., these cars are great. :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Are you sure the guy in your avatar isn't rebuilding your motor? I kid, I kid. Hopefully you'll have everything straightened out soon.
:muahaha: that was a good one. Nah I think thats his homecoming pic. lol!!! JUST KIDDING SIN... hope u get it fix soon.

P.S lmao still......:muahaha:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I herd about a 100,000 mile warranty for used cars on Satellite Radio this week to cover repair bills. Might want to take a look into that.

·
Premium Member
17,919 Posts
I never tell ppl this and I am going to tell you...sell it, cut your losses.....quit spending money on cars you can buy faster from factory and have a warranty. Either that or get a diff mechanic or work on it yourself.

Coop

·
Registered
434 Posts
Mike-

I highly recommend Gary Melcher (Mitsu Master Elite tech on our car). He rebuilt mine perfectly and it took him only once. During the rebuild he made some great recommendations and I have had no issues with my car for the past 14,000 miles since the rebuild. He is at Mile High Mitsubishi in Aurora, I think it is. Great guy, knows his stuff, and will throw you a deal if you choose to use him and mention my name. Give me a call if you would like. I have ALL of my receipts and specs.

Jordan

·
Oh SNAP!!!
6,115 Posts
what did he charge you jordan? for the work done?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ryan-

I am looking at my receipts now and the labor charge was $4644.00 and then I did all new 60k stuff and also miscellaneous parts/bolts/gaskets and new connecting rods and that was $2013.48. Also with my aftermarket lash adjusters, pistons, clutch, turbos, output shaft, and motor mounts the total was around $10,000. Worth every penny in my opinion and I can always go back to him if I have issues. Could have been completed in 2-3 weeks if I did not have to wait for my aftermarket items. Also, the 12 month/12,000 mile warranty was a kicker.

·
Oh SNAP!!!
6,115 Posts
Ryan-

I am looking at my receipts now and the labor charge was $4644.00 and then I did all new 60k stuff and also miscellaneous parts/bolts/gaskets and new connecting rods and that was $2013.48. Also with my aftermarket lash adjusters, pistons, clutch, turbos, output shaft, and motor mounts the total was around $10,000. Worth every penny in my opinion and I can always go back to him if I have issues. Could have been completed in 2-3 weeks if I did not have to wait for my aftermarket items. Also, the 12 month/12,000 mile warranty was a kicker.
oh wow..that is really not that bad of a deal...the warranty is kinda lame 1,000 miles a month.... but still better then notting. right?

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sigh...

·
Banned
1,764 Posts
Hey, did I hear a resonance of a Master Master Elite Mitsu Jedi of Melcher. I know this man. :muahaha: Gary make'th me jedi. Anywho Sin, Gary and I stripped my car and rebuilt it twice *sigh* and FTR he's one over anyone even considered legend at 3si. I believe one of 50 in the Nation with that mitsu elite elite rating, ofcourse he's clocked at 130 and hr. One thing I like about G is you can pay and do hands on and get school'd from Yoda himself :p. Hang in there buddy. I Stopped by UP's last week and could not help but notice how prdy the car is. Hope the riddles go away for you to enjoy. Gimme a buzz if you need a giggle (or just tune in to general :muahaha:).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts