Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The G-Tech Pro plugs into the lighter receptacle and measures Trap Speeds, 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, Horsepower, braking distance, etc. It is said to be accurate to within 1/10 sec. Sounds like a deal for $139.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
They're a fun "toy" to mess around with, and actually work at improving your skills on launching, shifting, shift points, learning the HP curves and when you SHOULD shift, etc.

But if you want real times that you can quote, visit a track. G-tech times, while they may be consistent and close, are simply estimations. Nothings speaks more truths than a timeslip.

EricB

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the G-Tech was designed to replace time slips or real life dynos but just to give the user an idea of performance, e.g. before and after mods, etc. It saves the "Well I think it feels stronger" concept and gives you some numbers to go by instead. I guess you could call it a "toy" but one that sounds fun to use! Surely must be better than "guesstimating".

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
It is pretty hi-tech in that it has some kinda precision stuff inside it (sorry for the non-hi-tech terms - brain's dead after 21 straight hours on the road yesterday). But like you said, it's good for before/after testing when you do things, and like I said, to allow you to work on your launch and 1/4 without having to visit a track, provided you can find a deserted road or large parking lot. Does things like lateral-G, HP is cool to compare when you do mods and saves having to find a dyno, or gives you figures period of you have AWD. It's definitely cool, I've used one once for a while, and offers times that are close to accurate, but not accepted like going to a track where you have a true measured 1/4 mile and electronic lines you cross to start and stop measurements.

EricB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts