Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever use Slick 50 additive in their twin turbo? Would you recomend it?
Thanks to all who reply.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Used it in my stang gt. The problem with these things is, you don't know if it works, until, well, it doesn't (i.e. the engine seizes). My experience wasn't good. For some reason, the rear main seal started leaking the next day, I pretty much ignored it, oil leaked on my clutch, and so I had to do a clutch job /rear main seal 6months later. I wouldn't use it again, until an objective source (consumer reports or something) reviews it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it based on a couple of things: 1) Oil manufacturers say not to use additives and 2) I think that Slick 50 was charged by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) for making false advertizing claims. I think this slick 50 is bogus, I've read the additive is a chlorinated compound that could damage certain engine components. At the very least it will upset the oil chemistry. I would recommend using a good quality oil.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i would use MOTORUP any day although it caused my seal to lick a year later.It really quietened the engine.No wonder I have hit 147mph and about 120mph 11times in the past 3yrs.

[This message has been edited by blkstealthpaid4 (edited December 25, 1999).]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
As for Motor up got one on that one too. Here is what the FTC has to say about that:
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1999/9904/motorup5.htm

I also have one on Prolong and one for Duralub, I think after reading these over I am of the opinion that oil additives are not much more than snake oil. Please don't that my word on it read over the FTC web pages, you'll find some very interesting information there.

Hope this helps everyone,

Dave Best
3Si #62

1 - 6 of 6 Posts