Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a corvette (which has a huge aftermarket presence for upgrades) and they used to sell what they called "door sill" covers. Essentially, if you open either door and look down, they were "fancy" trim pieces that took the place of the crappy plastic strips we have in the 3000.

Here's a link to an example:
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=39164&dept_id=1595

Has anyone ever seen anything like this for our cars?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Im looking for the same thing. I have seen the momo ones or something close to that. I think it would not be to hard to make.
Maybe if you ask that guy who makes the sparkplug covers he could make one? ek2mfg is the guy to look for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to do that unless someone knew of another option

It's funny to me, they are really popular enhancements to other sportscars and would make ours look nice. I'm surprised no one has ever produced them.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Have you ever seen th ones that Mercedes Benz offers on their cars? They have "Mercedes Benz" in indiglo on them that lights up when you open the door...

I wanted to take some stock ones and add soem indiglo to them :cool:

·
Supreme creator of stuff
3,572 Posts
enough interest?

get more than 3 people to want these and I will make them after the oil caps........figure price and styles will drive demand like one and the same.....you want a set for your car...It would be 200.00...if I make 200 sets it would be more like 40.00 get the picture.....

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'll buy if they look aight' ;)
Mark

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
or TWO!!! ;) LOL (jk)
later,

·
*Insert Evil Laughter*
3,141 Posts
Did this ever go down? A friend has the XKR and that is the first thing I notice about how nice it is.... I want a nice chrome one that says something other than MOMO.. MOMO didn't make my car. So whats up?
Please tell me this went down :D
TTT

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
here ya go. we have been making them for some time now. you should try the search feature every now and then. lol it helps me out often.

thanks,
chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts