Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at ikOnone 's sig., and was wondering if anyone has put bondo in the space between the panel on the door on a 3000GT. ITs not as bad as the 1st gen stealths have it ( big black stripe) , but i think it'd look good. Heres a picture to kind of see how it would look
Do yall think it would be durable on the door? I might get my doors repainted and dents bondo'ed, so maybe ill also get this space filled with bondo also.:confused:

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
Pic looks good. I'm not so sure how durable the Bondo would be, though.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
KingNothing said:
Uh... how would you open the doors if you bondo them shut?

Not the doors.

The line where the body material changes.
The line that goes all the way around the car...........you know where the gfx attach to the the door.

-Jeff

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Darktrail said:

Not the doors.

The line where the body material changes.
The line that goes all the way around the car...........you know where the gfx attach to the the door.

-Jeff
D'oh, right.

I have a selection of cars I've photoshopped with that in the past lol. I'll post them up when my webhost starts responding again - looks like it's down right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bondo doesn't bond very well to things that have to be able to move.If you are looking to get rid of the line I would strongly suggest using fiberglass.Bondo tends to crack if it is put on anything eccept a solid panel,just something I thought I'd point out having been an autobody tech.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Here are pics of that line being photoshopped out. I also took out the line between the rear quarter panel and the sideskirt as well on some of them.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Are these Moda RS6's??? If so, what size... 18", 19"???

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
That's a 3SI member's ride, but I can't recall who. I believe he's the person who got a good Maaco paint job.

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Looks pretty good on the second gens, but the first gens look too much like an RX7 with that smooth door line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts