Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason or another my boost isn't working very well.. I have the sbc id boost controller. I have it set at 14.5 .. when i take off the boost will spike up to about 14 then right back down to about 7psi and stays. If i shift and floor it then it will spike back up to about 14psi and go back down to 7. Whats going on here? Help please.

Thanks

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
It's the stock 9b turbos. They are too small, and won't hold 14 psi past about 4000-4500rpm.

Chris

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it only holds at 7psi. when my car was stock it would hold about 9psi all the time. I check over every dam hose and double check and tomorrow i'm going to triple check. it sucks.. my car is slower since i put on the boost controller. someone Please help me.

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
Hmmmm...that is strange. Maybe the boost controller is defective. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Chris

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh dont say that.. thats not good.. hehe butit is a possiblity.. i guess i will give dynimic racing a call tomorrow... anyone else think it might be something else.

·
Registered
466 Posts
sounds like a good reason to get bigger turbos anyway

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the SBC controls and capabilities, but does it have duty settings? If so maybe they're set to low and boost is actually dropping off instead of overboosting and then flattening out???? I dunnno. I've never even had my duty setting that low before to test that, but it could be a possibility.
Sorry I couldn't help any more.
good luck,
Mark

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi Jason

Sorry to hear your bc not working. Looks like the guy I was buying mine from flaked out. So I bought a blow off valve and some inrtax springs instead. The blow off valve sounds sweet and I'm going to get the springs install this weekend. If I can find a good place to do it.

BTW my email address changed to [email protected]

Good luck and keep us posted on what the problem was.

Dustin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts