Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear a noise that comes from the front end ONLY when I go up a driveway ramp slowly at say a 45 or more degree angle to it & the street. Noise sounds like metal to metal contact. Hear it just once each time I go up into the driveway. Dealer titened sway bar bolts - did not stop the noise.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey John, by any chance are you from a small town in NJ called North Haledon? Are you about 40 years old? I ask because my brother had a friend named John Milner from both grammer and high school. Just curious, it's a small world.

Brian - 1995 VR-4

·
80 Posts
On monday I actually just had my sway bar bushings replaced because there was a lot of clunking coming from the front end of the car when I went over bumpy roads. A Mitsubishi dealer here in NJ did the work for me. It costed a little over 100 bucks for parts and labor so I can't imagine that there is that much work involved.

-Jeff0052
RT/TT

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm from Jersey but not from Haledon. My handle is John Milner from the movie American Graffitti. Not my real name.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had (still have),same problem,and dealer also replaced sway bar bushings.
Went to two different dealers,and they both inspected the whole suspension and they both came with the same results,that the problem is only sway bar bushings.
Yet,I still think it is not the way should be,spent about 500 can $.

R

·
0 Posts
I had a simular front end noise noise going in and out of driveways etc. Took it to the dealer and asked them to check it. Will I went with the car to the front-end tech. He raised the car and pryed the left front wheel arround and duplicated the noise. He then proceded to explain to me that it was the strut, and that you couldn't turn the index on this kind of strut so, It needed to be replaced. Both struts, with labor and alignment, $ 730.00.

I said NO THANK YOU!

Later, I removed the strut top cap to repair a broken wire on the ECS connector, and noticed that the nut on the top of my strut was loose. Tightened it and my noise went away!

Sure, had they replaced my struts, they would have fixed the noise too, right?

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
I have the same problem with my struts. The fronts were replaced 2x under warranty. Doing it again! Rears are doing it also! Car has 27,500 miles. Just an annoying "rattle/clunking" noise when going over bumps at slow speeds. I'll have to check the retaining nuts to see if they are tight!

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts