Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys I need to know the part number from your front KYB's that you got from carparts.com. I tried installing mine today and the two holes on the bottom of the front struts didnt line up with the existing holes on the car. I think they might've given me the wrong part number. email me or post back here as soon as you read this. [email protected] thanks guys
Mike Scofield

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car is a 92 R/T NA. the part number for the KYB front GR-2 struts that they gave me is 235045

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
The website that give you the correct part # is http://www.kyb.com/display.asp?Year=1991-98&Style=ALL+%28Exc.+Adjustable+Susp.%29
I would email them and tell them that you received the wrong parts. I had to do it too when they sent me the wrong oil cap. I actually kept the oil cap that they sent me and they credited my credit card with the difference in price, which was $11). I'm not sure what they will do in your situation.

hans

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I just looked at the KYB website again and it seems that the model # that I gave you is for cars with ECS even though it is the only part # that they give for the stealth. I would email KYB and ask them what the part # should be.

Hans

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have ECS but am trying to get rid of that shit. I hate it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hans,
what are you using for your front struts if you only replaced the rear?

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I really wish i knew. My dad got them replaced when the car had only 35k miles on it. I don't know what he got installed. I'll have to go outside and check (if i can see anything).

Hans

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so you dont have ECS anymore? how does the car ride/handle with the new suspension you have on it?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Sorry, I just saw this thread! With the KYb's (no ECS), it is like constant sports mode-actually a little stiffer, sportier.
Mike, sorry to say, looks like you got the wrong ones. My fronts are also 335013's like Hans'. Hate when that happens. Once had to replace a fender on my Stang, went to FORD, first time they gave me 1 for the wrong side and for a Capri (had that ugle little curve in it). Of course it always turns out to happen over a weekend, when you've already disassembled the car!

[This message has been edited by Diablo (edited January 02, 2000).]

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Diablo, I need to know the part numbers of your rears as well and where you ordered them from. Carparts.com really screwed me over on this one. oh yeah now I know why you guys said I should have a spring compressor when doing this. What a pain in the ass!!! I'm going to buy one tomorrow. How much did yours cost??

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
The part # for the rear shocks should be 341183. I saw that they sent you the wrong ones so I figured you could double check the part #. They should look exactly like the old ones since they are the same thing. KYB made the OEM shocks and struts so they are definitely out there.

Hans

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hans, when I enter my car name at carparts.com I dont get that part number you listed for me. Did your rear shock have the I bolt at the top just like the front struts do?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts