Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My handbrake button is so degraded that there is nothing to grip to unscrew it, and if I put too much pressure on it (like with pliers) the plastic just chips off. Any advice on how I could unscrew the button to get a new one put in?
image.jpg

·
Registered
572 Posts
Is there enough sticking out that you could drill a bit all the way through the top and bottom, then use a nail or something to spin it off?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Is that silver metal part in the center part of the button or what it screws on to?

·
Registered
572 Posts
You could always go to Walmart, by a thing of plastic weld/epoxy, and sacrifice a screwdriver to the cause. Put it on there so the screwdriver makes a T with the button, let it dry and spin it off.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
What if you used a pair of side cutters, or dykes to be correct. It would dig in more

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice, glad it worked. What button did you end up getting to replace it? I know 3sx has some but the price is kinda steep for a little metal button.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know, the price is a little high. The 3sx one is probably the one i’ll end up getting but i’m going to check out some junked cars to get some more parts so if I can find one in good condition somehow I would take that unless there’s any other options I don’t know about yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts