Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes you just come to that point where you give up.Im past that point.I had a really clean 95RT 2 weeks ago it was rear ended and i got the most dumb ass Clt.N.C. cop ever.Just because the guy that hit me said I cut him off the cop said he couldn't decide whose fault it was.I had been in the same lane for over a mile.Then I start getting all of these interior bubbles that make the car look like a Grimlin.I start working on ways to fix the bubbles being very carefull not to cause any further harm.Well the first hot day the bubbles unglued themselves and left big stretchy nasty places the bubbles used to be.The only thing I could do was cut them and reapply contact cement and deal with the uglyness that made.So now I hate this car The 60K is due and Im going to drive it like hell untill the valves come through the hood.Today when I pulled up to a curb I made sure both rims scraped for a good 5 feet.I think I can totally kill it by next summer just in time to turn it into the only thing its fit for and thats a catfish bed.I spent so much time really caring about this car and now everytime I see it it makes me sick.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the only reason it wasn't further was because I ran out of room.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of like when a dog has puppies.......Then eats them.

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
If you have full coverage insurance, you could always call you insurance company and report the car was stolen and slam that baby into the biggest lake in your area :) But you didn't hear that from me :cool:

·
Detroit RiceCop
659 Posts
Dude just sell it or part it out man. Or keep it as your daily driver, get the minimum insurance, and get another R/T. You probably broke all your toys when you were a kid just because the stickers came off didn't you.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Do you not want to be able to sell the car? Don't abuse these cars like that man....just sell it.

-Jeff

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
I swear, you fucking spoiled ass Winthrop kids...

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha, spoiled ass Winthrop kids.Im 34 with a 4 1/2 year old kid.I"ve owned a successful business for 10 years and my house is almost paid for.Try again.

·
Registered
557 Posts
bubbles:confused: what the hell are u talkin about?

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bubbles are caused from the interior seperating from its backing usually on the door panels.Its a real p.i.t.a. and I have them on both doors and under each rear speaker.I have really tried to keep this car in A1 shape so I could trade it in on that perfect VR-4 or 95-96TT when I find it.It just seems like over the last month it has started self destructing.I spent close to 12 hrs.trying to fix 1 of these bubbles and it looks as if the only way to fix it is to remove the panels peel the vinyl back and reglue it.Im taking it to a trim shop on Monday and get a estimate.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
You seem to act kind of strange for a 34 year old, but whatever floats your boat. If you own such a successful business and your house is almost paid for, why don't you purchase a VR-4 now?

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 reasons I don't purchase a VR-4 now.I have looked at numerous VR-4s and TTs at dealerships.They have all been in really bad shape and in some cases very expensive for a car in such bad shape.I really want to trade my car in and be done with it.I don't want to have to deal with selling it myself and going through all the B.S. envolved.As for a successful business its not like I have money laying around it gets tough at times too.I have 2 car payments,house payment and a kid.Rent on a store front,mechandise,insurance,2 power bills,blah,blah.Thats the reason money is tight sometimes because I always make sure my family comes first.I could go out and purchase a VR-4 now and keep my car but that would be stupid I had rather use that money to knock huge chunks of interest off my house.I am strange. I have a skate ramp in my backyard and spend lots of time not acting 34.As far as my car it is in great shape and probably looks better than 90% of the cars out there.I have a right to get pissed and throw a tantrum every now and then it has nothing to do with money.When you spend so much time taking care of something and are rearended twice in one week. Your interior starts comming unglued and the car looks like you abused it.It basically sucks.

·
Here Since 2000
3,707 Posts
Hey Mike I feel where your coming from

That is why it was making making me laugh som much because I to try very hrad to keep my car immaculate. And I'm very anal about little things I know what it feels like to just want to give up at times. I could just never actually go through with what you did so when you told me about it I pictured it in my head and busted out laughing.

I found it it funny. If it were me though I would later be pissed off at myself.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ranch,There are plenty of people on this board that mistreat their car.Whats the difference?Trashing your car racing.Having it vandalized because it was parked in an unsafe place.Being so stupid you don't know the difference between lifter tick and rod knock.Doing upgrades without the knowledge of what it takes to support them.Doing repeated 7k clutch drops on A.W.D. trannies.That all sounds like spoiled 16 yr.old behavior to me.And by the way you have absolutly NO IDEA OF WHAT I DO OR DON'T DESERVE. And making assumptions like that display your punk ass spoiled 16 yr.old mentality.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brian,It was all in humor.I was pulling into the paint store.Which I wouldn't have been at if I had not been run into.The guy there kept insisting I had base coat/clearcoat and I was told red didn't have clear.I went to leave the store and someone pulled right in front of me.I started to back up and felt this little scrape and I just snapped.I couldn't go forward so I just floored it in reverse until it came off the curb.The post was a bit childish but I mean damn sometimes you have to laugh about it or you will make yourself crazy.I spent the whole next day cleaning and like I said the car looks really good.Sarcasim, some people just don't get it. :cool:

·
2,243 Posts
Why don't you just buy new door panels?

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's his car? His money he spent buying it? His money he is losing when he fucks it up? and His money he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it. He spent the money to buy the car, if the car is being a total bitch or just shit goes downhill its fully within his rights to beat the living shit out of the car till it hisses and dies and more power to him for being able to take out his agression on his car and not have to worry about money that much. I only wish if my car gave me problems I could just go awol and slam the fucker into a wall and be done with it. Fantasy world for me but oh well. Fix it, break it, have it stolen, do insurance fraud...do whatever the fuck you want and more power to you for it and if someone bitches or moans over what YOU do to YOUR own fucking car then fuck them all the more :D

BTW if you are gonna drive it into a lake, part it out first..mine as well make a "little" money :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Mike,
Don't take it personal-sorry being so anal. and your right some- people do even worse to there cars. I just hate hearing/seeing it done intentionally. especially since I'm 27 and still saving for mine. anyway hope it all works out for you.:)

and come to think of it...a catfish bed isn't a bad idea. :D

Brian

1 - 20 of 24 Posts