Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Live free or die.
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought new headlights from Auto Optiks. They didn't come with any wiring harnesses. I got a couple H-4 sockets from Trak-Auto but I don't know which wire goes where. The stock sockets look kinda like

|
\ _

while the H-4 sockets look like

__
| |
Any one know which wire goes where?

Thanks for any info.

Scott

[This message has been edited by U-EEDIOT (edited January 10, 2000).]

G

·
I bought the same kit from Auto Optiks for my 91 stealth. No wire harnesses. I called them up and told them about it. They said sorry, they forgot to send the harnesses. They came in the mail the next day.

·
Live free or die.
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd rather not wait for their harness. I've seen elsewhere on the board that they require modification anyway. Since I have some H-4 sockets already, can someone tell me which wire goes to which lead?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Lovbyts
4,270 Posts
From what I have read look at the plug and you can see how it would plug in if the odd plug was straight like the others. Just use a hack saw or any small saw and cut the plastic part of the harnes between the odd ball plug and plug it in. The wiring should be the same.

·
Live free or die.
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put them in yesterday. Took a little trial and error to get the wiring right but, if you get H-4 lights and need to make your own connectors here's what I did. If you are looking at the socket like this,

__
| |

the wires go

. red/white

red....red/blue

Other combinations I tries had dim lights or the fogs would stay on in both hi/low beam. Kinda cool but here in Virginia I think it is a law that fogs must go off when using hi-beams, or if the car was built that way it must stay that way.

Any way...love the new lights. Got the Autopal kit from Auto Optiks for$49.95. Bought their Astra H-4 90/100 watt Ultrawhite Capsules for $37.95

Very bright! A slight hint of blue on low beams. I think I could set other car's bumpers on fire with the high-beams!

Only down side is that now my fogs look like crap, too damn yellow. Oh well...guess I know what I'm doing next weekend!

Scott

G

·
Hey Guys,
Where can i get those lights?? I want to get that blue hint in my headlights, it looks awesome. Can I do it with my 91 ES N/A??

Thanks
Chris Oberle
91 Stealth ES

·
Live free or die.
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got 'em at autooptiks.com

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.