Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pacific Islander
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay~

i turn on my car... and this hint of gasoline pierces from within my car. I step out, with my car still on... and guess what... there's gasoline coming out from all over the the bottom of the passenger front compartment of the engine!! Help me please... I don't know what could cause it, it's too late to go back out to where my cars parked, and i don't want to kill myself if i work on it on my own... but what the heck!?! A FUEL LEAK!?!?! I coulda died tonight, if i had shrugged off the fuel smell like i usually do if my friends or my parents cars smell like it... maybe that's why i went out to take a gander, but i'm glad i did:( :( If anyone in Arizona has a shop that can help me @ a really really really LOW cost, please. . . from a 3si owner to another, I love my car... and i've already put $13k!!! just to keep her running... please help me fix it!!

Sorry Hans~ prolly won't get to use those ACCELS any time soon... :(

~Thanks Guys

Greg~
91 STEALTH ES

·
Registered
706 Posts
thats where your fuel filter is, so it sound like you have a leak there. Just remove your battery, then the tray underneath (4 12mm bolts 2 10mm bolt) then you can pull the washer fluid resovoir out and set it aside. From there you should be able to look down and see the fuel filter and the hoses running to and from it. It could just be a cracked hose or something but should be easy to find and fix. Refer to this page for pics and instructions on replacing the fuel filter:

http://www.speedtoys.com/~egross/3000GT/FuelFilter/ChangeFuelFilter.html

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wait at least 24 hrs for all the fuel to evaporate, DO NOT try to start again, then with gloves, long sleeves, & safety glasses on, I'd throw on a helmet too. remove the battery, starting with the + terminal.
scarey stuff, Good Luck

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,863 Posts
Countach..........

countach said:
Wait at least 24 hrs for all the fuel to evaporate, DO NOT try to start again, then with gloves, long sleeves, & safety glasses on, I'd throw on a helmet too. remove the battery, starting with the + terminal.
scarey stuff, Good Luck
GOOD CALL!!!!!!!!!

Bob.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
thats where your fuel filter is, so it sound like you have a leak there. Just remove your battery, then the tray underneath (4 12mm bolts 2 10mm bolt) then you can pull the washer fluid resovoir out and set it aside. From there you should be able to look down and see the fuel filter and the hoses running to and from it. It could just be a cracked hose or something but should be easy to find and fix.
ditto

·
Pacific Islander
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanxz a lot guys, sorry for not responding as quickly, but i've been trying to get everything in gear.

My car's been having problems with bogging, do you think that the filter could be the problem?? Or should i also go ahead with the sparkplugs and wires??

~Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts